Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems 2.0 and sound issues
Hell8 everyone. My laptop is asus B9400, 16 gb ram, core I5. 1135g7. I wanted to use stems 2.0 at work. The laptop does not have a discrete gpu, so I began to calculate the files in advance. And switched the equalizer mode to EZ remix. And sound defects began to appear in my work. It usually manifests itself like this: I have a track playing on deck one, I load the track on the second and press hot cue 1 (usually hot cue 1 is in the place from which I want to start the track). And at the moment you press hot cue on the second track, there is a short sound like "bzzzz" (less than a second) and the beat is slightly off. At first this happened rarely, once every few days. Now this is happening more and more often, the last time it was not just a short gag, but everything simply froze and the program did not respond to clicks for several seconds. Perhaps the deterioration depends on the number of precomputed stems, since I calculate many new tracks every day. Now there are already more than 700 of them. Also, in the Virtual dj folder I saw a file like crashlog, I don’t remember the exact name, now I can’t find it. It had a lot of "stem engine crash" errors. I tried changing different settings, tried reinstalling the program and even reinstalled the system again (installed windows 11 instead of windows 10}, but the problem remained. In the end, I just returned the equalizer mode to normal and stopped using stems 2.0 when mixing, and yesterday it worked the whole evening without any problems. Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen? In theory, when using precomputed stems, there is no special load on the processor, the total load on the processor does not exceed 10-12% at the time of loading a new track. And it’s strange that sound defects occur precisely at the moment the hot cue is pressed.

geposted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 4:54 pm