Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: !! IMPORTANT CHANGES IN VIRTUALDJ 2024 !!
Aside from the new CloudDrive, VirtualDJ 2024 brings some important changes to the Library management:

1) "Lists&Advice" has been renamed "Ideas". So if you're looking for History, Charts, ask.the.dj, etc, the parent folder is now called "Ideas".

2) "Playlist" are not in "Lists&Advice" (or "Ideas" now) anymore, they have been moved to their own root folder: "My Lists".

3) the "create new favorite/virtual/filter folders" buttons on the left of the browser, have been replaced by more useful shortcut buttons.
So to create a new List, just select the new "My Lists" folders and click on the text in the middle (or right-click and select "Add List").

3b) the "go to previous folder" button has also been removed by default, but if you want it back, just go in settings, options, and set `browserPreviousFoldersButton` to yes.

4) The playlists that used to be in Lists&Advice/Playlists have been automatically converted to a new format (xml instead of m3u). While this is transparent for most users,

4a) If you rely on some third-party software that integrates with VirtualDJ by reading your playlists and expect a m3u format, then go in settings, options, and set `browserAutoExportM3U` to yes, so that your xml Lists in MyLists will always keep an up-to-date m3u copy in the old playlists folder where the third-party utility would expect them.

4b) If you rely on some third-party software that integrates with VirtualDJ by both reading and writing m3u playlist, or if you want to keep using the old m3u format for any other reason, then set instead the option `browserShowLegacyM3UPlaylists` to yes (and optionaly also right-click on "My Lists" folder and select Hide), and you can keep working with m3u playlists as in VirtualDJ 2023.
(NOTE: this option is implemented in the EarlyAccess version, b8091, so if you need it, make sure you have EarlyAccess enabled and upgraded to b8091 or above)

geposted Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 4:44 pm