Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ask the DJ stop spam from people
Hi, is there a way that i can limit who visits the ask the dj page, because i stream karaoke on tiktok i seem to be getting a lot of fake requests come in over ask the dj. is there a way i can have a code that can limit people.

Thanks,

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 12:22 pm
A tip is a nice code :)

So if you enable the option to give you a small tip, and only play the requests with a tip on them, I think you will automatically skip the fakes

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 12:33 pm
djdannyboyuk wrote :
Hi, is there a way that i can limit who visits the ask the dj page, because i stream karaoke on tiktok i seem to be getting a lot of fake requests come in over ask the dj. is there a way i can have a code that can limit people.

Thanks,

You could always upload a list of tunes which means they are restricted to the list. I like Klaus' reply though. 😁

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 1:37 pm
you can also limit the amount of stupidity sent VERY quickly like this:

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 9:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not ideal though, the troll just wants to disrupt the show and charging everybody for the trolls stupidity disrupts the show.

Then there's the kind of asshat who would waste $20 just to be an asshat.

Ideally messages could come with public IP and you could right click to "ignore for this session"
It won't stop the determined asshat, but it might slow down some enough that they grow up fractionally and find something better to do with their life.

geposted Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 10:07 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I am following here. There is indeed nothing stopping anyone to just "ask the DJ" on a kids party 2000km away to play Nordic death metal. Ignoring an IP for a while would be great.

geposted Wed 17 Apr 24 @ 5:30 am