Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Some options settings not saving
Option settings keepPlayingPastEnd and keepPlayStatusOnLoadSong keep reverting back to yes every single time I load VDJ. Other settings do save and persist but these do not so I know it is not a file permissions issue. I have also tried manually setting the value in the .ini file and removing the 'isChanged' flag hoping to trick VDJ into thinking No is the default value.

geposted Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 3:31 am
Can NOT reproduce your result of keepPlayingPastEnd and keepPlayStatusOnLoadSong, options NOT saving.

Tested on both:

1) 8095
Win 10

and

2) EA 8115
Win 11

Which build and OS are you having the issue with ?

geposted Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 3:59 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could be a hardware oninit mapping.

geposted Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 4:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As per your Account, you are using PHASE and indeed those 2 settings are forced from the ONINIT key of the mapping to be enabled when the PHASE is connected.

And makes sense to have. E.g. TT is spinning and Deck is reaching the end. If you keep the default setting, Track will resume from the start point and continue playing from there, because the Play/Pause status of the Deck is controlled from the Phase/TT.

Therefore we strongly advise not to remove the related actions from the ONINIT key, unless you can provide an example where this shouldnt happen

geposted Thu 18 Apr 24 @ 1:54 pm