Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: sync button affects pitch
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
For the life of my I can't remember how to reset my sync button so it does not affect the pitch or key of the song. can someone help? Thanks in advance.

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 1:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 1:17 am
Thanks...what's weird is both my machines are running b8124 and i clicked the auto pitch lock to on and it took care of it, but on my back up machine everything is off under the master tab and the pitch does not change when syncing. it's been a very long day. Thanks for the link.

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 1:53 am
UPDATE--It turns out my "Master Tempo" had defaulted to off after the VDJ update which is why the pitch was changing when syncing. My back up computer did not default to off which is why one computer worked and the other one didn't. It just took me several hours of searching to figure it out.
After talking with my son who also DJs in a another state he said he went through the same thing after an update.

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 12:01 pm
Fotobro wrote :
why the pitch was changing

You mean the key. With master tempo off, the key changes when you adjust the pitch (tempo).

Using the word pitch is confusing because some people are referring to tempo, and others to key. In one post you used both 'pitch' and 'key', so readers would naturally assume you did not mean key when talking about pitch.

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 12:41 pm
groovindj wrote :
Fotobro wrote :
why the pitch was changing

You mean the key. With master tempo off, the key changes when you adjust the pitch (tempo).

Using the word pitch is confusing because some people are referring to tempo, and others to key. In one post you used both 'pitch' and 'key', so readers would naturally assume you did not mean key when talking about pitch.

I was obviously confused as to what and why it was happening, but thanks for the clarification.

geposted Wed 08 May 24 @ 7:16 pm