Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recommend MIDI controller for stems control
I want to be able to use my DJ controller (Denon MC4000) to control traditional EQ level (High / Mid / Low) and an additional MIDI controller to control EZRemix level (Vocal / Instruments / Beat).

For this purpose, the additional controller must have knobs as well as pads - something like the AKAI LPD8, I've tried to map to this controller but unfortunately I'm not having any luck.

Could anyone recommend something? Nothing too complicated (or expensive) - just something that accepts basic mapping commands as I've described above.

geposted 4 days ago @ 8:02 pm
What's not working with the Akai? Maybe someone here can help you. The Akai seems like what you want but you could also check out the Novation Launch Control, Novation Launch Control XL, Kontrol X1 MK2, Allen & Heath Xone:K1, maybe the Midi Fighter Twister (no pads but the knobs are also buttons).

geposted 2 days ago @ 2:20 pm
interceptintercept wrote :
What's not working with the Akai? Maybe someone here can help you. The Akai seems like what you want but you could also check out the Novation Launch Control, Novation Launch Control XL, Kontrol X1 MK2, Allen & Heath Xone:K1, maybe the Midi Fighter Twister (no pads but the knobs are also buttons).

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm getting an error message, see this post - https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/260391/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/AKAI_LPD8_error_message.html).

I'll look at the Novation Launch Control since it's a similar price point.

geposted 2 days ago @ 2:54 pm