Anmelden:     


Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Transfer
I’m using the latest VirtualDJ 2026.
I have playlists/My Lists on my DJ laptop where all tracks work correctly and are local files.
I want to move only the playlists to my main Studio PC.

The problem is that the music is stored very differently:
- Laptop: music is on C: in one folder structure
- Studio PC: music is on D: in a completely different folder structure

The same songs exist locally and VirtualDJ can find them in Search DB.
However, when I import/export the playlists (VDJ List or M3U), some tracks appear with the red Online Music icon instead of linking to the local files on D:.

On the laptop those same tracks are not Online Music tracks.
I do not want to restore the laptop database over the Dell database, because the Dell setup is already working correctly.

Is there a current VirtualDJ 2026 method to:
Automatically relink/match all playlist entries to the existing local files, DB, even though the drive letter and folder structure are completely different?

Thanks.
 

geposted 2 hours ago
In all honesty it makes far more sense to maintain the same file structure on all machines (if possible). Makes syncing between PCs so much easier.
 

Better yet - move everything, from within VirtualDJ, onto an external drive (all files, database entries and virtual folders (once made hot swappable, which is the default) stay on the drive and are accessible from every machine you plug it into).