Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Atomix Sound Quality

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

OK guys I use atomix over decks at the moment due to the ease of use but to be honest the sound quality ain't up to much.

It may be my pc but when I am playing an mp3 faster or slower than its actually bmp the mp3 drags on some bass notes and the treble sometimes sounds different.

Theres no jumping or skipping just the way atomix changes the bpm of the tracks means that they can sound pretty crap!

Atomix is great to mix with and the eq cuts are fantastic but I would never do a proper gig with it due to the way the tracks sound when not at there original bpm.

Cheers

The Boy Rob

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 9:30 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
are you using 2.1?

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 10:27 pm
About, the bpm. Turn off the time stretch in the options menu, that should solve that prob. As for the treble. Thats a problem i have been complaining about for a while. Its like this high pitch sound that is heard when the sog is put faster or slower, Its not noticible, unless you are really paying attention. Oh well

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 10:30 pm
Yes, however the sound quality is better with 2.1 than older versions. In fact, that crap sound when you reducing the pitch is the ill of Atomix! We hope - all users - that the next version will improve better the sound quality.

geposted Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 11:22 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I agree phenryll sound quality should be priority #1.

.:DJ homeboy:.

Ps it is good now justs needs improvement

.:DJ Homeboy:.

geposted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 12:32 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Looks like there is going to be a patch maybe some enhanced sound quality !

.:DJ Homeboy:.

geposted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 6:31 am
I hope! ;) But the patch will be resolved some minor bugs or fixed some little problems. I think the engine will be the same. Wait for the next version (2.2? 3,0?).

geposted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 8:34 am
Atomix's sound quality is not shit .... its the mp3 files themselves ... which are poorly encoded !!

geposted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 12:56 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
no problems with sound quality here. With time stretch enabled even. I'm playing this through some very nice sound systems, if there were problems, I'd know. You do need to occassionally replace bad MP3 files as you identify them.

geposted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 1:24 am
Well it depends, if you push the pitch up to 34%, it's quite normal that you get some distortions. I do agree though that general sound quality can be improved.

geposted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 1:26 am
nope, atomixmp3 puts a hissing sound over a song when pitching up or down ... even if it's a good or a bad encoded mp3 file ...

geposted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 11:37 am
Its ok when played at the nomral speed, but when slowed down or speeded up sounds pretty crap, needs to be sorted in future releases!

geposted Tue 30 Jul 02 @ 10:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)