Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: this concerns EVERYONE

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Well, you tech savvy people out there might already know this, but i just heard of this about a month ago.. the dreaded Palladium project. For those of you who don't know, here's a link

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

this could be the death of the computer freedom we now enjoy. If you don't think we have freedom now, trust me.. compared to want microsoft WILL be doing, we have tooons of freedom. I don't like being a downer, but this so called "Secure PC" scares the crap out of me.

phatty720
dave

p.s. please team, don't delete this. Ignorance is NOT bliss

geposted Tue 01 Oct 02 @ 6:28 pm
Hmm, I don' think this will actually happen. The majority of people wouldn't like this idea, which provides very little privacy. How could this actually be passed by the governement? It is evesdropping. The worst thing I've heard so far is that they're gonna make cds unrippable on computers. This isn't really a problem, if people are educated, and understand to just connect a cd player to their line in jack on their soundcard and record from that input. I really hope this microsoft thing doesn't happen, because if it does, I'm switching to Linux or Macs.

-MixMasterMatt

geposted Wed 02 Oct 02 @ 2:51 am
I agree, people DON'T like it, and neither do I. AMD has already signed up for this project, which already proves the magnitude. This isn't a proposal.. it's gonna happen. I've been following it for a little bit now. I hope enuff people step up and protest it, but i doubt something like that will deter good ol' bill gates from what he wants to do. We all know what shitheads the RIAA are, well this chip was designed for the media, which includes the RIAA. i guess we'll see what happens. It would be nice if palladium will be optional, but if not.. who knows if dope programs like atomixmp3 can survive if cd's are no longer rippable or mp3's are no longer shareable.

phatty720
dave

geposted Wed 02 Oct 02 @ 3:03 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The 10% of educated computer literate people wont like it. The other 90% know nothings will buy into it like sheep, just as they always have without knowing what thier getting themselves into.

Both Intel -and- AMD are already planning future chips to have the Paladium "features" built in.

This all comes down to M$ getting too greedy. Thier long term goal is to switch over to subscription based programs, where you would have to pay a yearly (monthly?) fee inorder to continue use of the program. And if they cant get the rental software to get through, they'll do the next best thing. Forced upgrades. What? You dont want to upgrade to Office 2010? Oh well. Your current installation of Office 2009 will expire on Dec31 and you will no longer have use of it.

Other large corporations will follow suit and do the same thing. But the little guys will be left behind as they wont be able to afford the license fees in order to register thier program in the Paladium central server database so that thier programs will function.

Basically, M$ want thier software to dominate the computer world, with ZERO competition. And the government thought it was safe to leave M$ as one large corporation.

Grimm

geposted Wed 02 Oct 02 @ 10:58 am
Makes you want the downfall of Micr*soft.

geposted Fri 04 Oct 02 @ 1:14 pm
DIE MICROSOFT, DIE AMD & DIE INTEL

geposted Sun 06 Oct 02 @ 6:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)