Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: A few weaknesses with AtomixMP3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

golemHome userMember since 2002
I have used AtomixMP3 for some time. Here's the weaknesses that I have discovered. If there's some weakness that you are able to recover somehow, email me to golem@cc.hut.fi

1. EQ:s don't have shortcuts. When you must e.g. kill bass from one track and get bass to to the other track (which was killed previously) at the same time, it's impossible with mouse. There should be e.g. three buttons per track:
a. completely kills bass
b. set's bass to -10dB or -20dB
c. set's bass to 0dB
Of course, the same applies to midrange and treble.

2. From monitoring output you are able to choose only channel A or channel B. You don't have a separate crossfader for monitoring nor you are not able to monitor the effect of the gain-potentiometers. This is VERY BIG downside and should be fixed immediatly in the next update. There could be also option to monitor the effect of EQ:s and the effect of the effects (flanger, cut, etc..)

3. The cut-effect supplied with atomixMP3 won't synchronize to the beat of the playing music. In practice the cut effect is useless because you click the mouse in the exactly right instance with a probability of only abt. 20-25%

4. The CD-playing mode has some side-effects with crackling and popping sounds (a bit like a turntable).

5. There should be a some nice effect interface for 3rd party effects. Now if I start some 3rd party effect plugin with many controllers (sliders, etc..), when I start the plugin the controller window might pop up in the middle of the atomixMP3-window, and I have to rearrange all of the windows on the screen to get all plugin-windows and atomixMP3 main window forth.
If there would be some closed interface window that is always located in the same place (e.g. on the left side of the main mixing window) life would be much easier. The idea is that 3rd party controller would come inside this window.

6. If I have multiple atomixMP3-instances open, I should be able to cross-synchronize music between separate windows.

7. The Sampler should have a beat matcher. In other words if I have for example a drum loop sample, atomixMP3 should be able to synchronize it to the music (both beat and phase). The sampler should also have an option to record real-time from music and then play it in the sampler.

8*. This is a bigger proposition. It would be nice if AtomixMP3 was able to transmit MIDI-timecode to other applications (for example sequencers).

In overall AtomixMP3 is a very good DJ-application, thanks for it!

geposted Wed 01 May 02 @ 8:03 pm
It sounds like you are using the defualt skin. Make sure you are using atomixmp3 version 2.1 and PLEASE make sure to download some of the newest skins. The newest skins have latest features. In my opinion, the JN Classic (trip edition) is the BEST one.

1. As i mentioned before, the latest skins incoroporate the latest features atomix has to offer.

2. AGAIN, download a better skin !!!

3. Make sure you have the BPM set propery. Otherwise, it should be in sync no problem.

4. The CD player is not the greatest, since it requires alot of CPU power. The reason for that is that atomix does not read the music RIGHT off the CD, instead it loads in into an internal buffer so ALL effects and pitch control can be used, which is why it requires plenty of main memory and cpu resouces. A 500 Mhz computer playing one CD track should be fine (no pops, stuttering, etc.)

Alternatively, you can quickly rip the CD track to mp3.

5. huh ?

6. That would not be a bad idea since atomix only has 2 decks. But it Would be ALOT more complicated and require tremendous amounts of system resources.

7. Make sure you have the BPM set propery. Otherwise, it should be in sync no problem. (same as above)

8. This is a far too advanced option for atomix. There is no point as atomix is meant for Live DJing and home-recording. What do you think $500 professional audio-visual production software is for ?

In overall AtomixMP3 is a very good DJ-application, thanks for it!

I totallly agree !! People may have a few issues about it, but overally everyone feels its a great program. Thanks for the input. Hope this is of any help.

Dave !!!!!!
If it ain't boken, Don't fix it ..... If it sounds crazy .... Remix it.

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 12:57 am
May u can move the crossfader better when mixing with loop
or cutoff-slide.. Always on time i think.. And the amount of buttons on the program is limited ... or isn't it ?

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 5:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)