Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Idea for sampler

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

2.1 kicks ass guys! Keep up the great work.

Idea - for the sampler, instead of 4 buttons for 1, 2, 4, and 8 beat sample lenths, how about a single button that works by pressing it and holding it down for the duration of the sample? This way the user isn't limited to the sample length - there are times when I'd like to sample a full 32 beats.

Thanks for your consideration!

geposted Sun 05 May 02 @ 6:45 am
I agree, has I was mixing some R&B today I found myself wanting that feature as well, as the baseline accompanyment went on for at least 9 count, I found myself wishing for a nolimits sampler. Maybe this would be something of an upgrade to the SmartRepeat plugin.

geposted Sun 05 May 02 @ 8:55 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
32 seconds sampler needs alot of memory guys,cause when you cycle 1 beat that beat is copied into the memory and played if you use alot of memory then ur mix is gonna start freezing which i know is not good.

NaDeR

geposted Mon 06 May 02 @ 2:53 am
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
i meant 32 beats sampler

geposted Mon 06 May 02 @ 2:53 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I admit that a 32 beat sampler would be a little hard on the memory but I myself have asked for the ability to start and stop a loop at my discretion. Something like a-b repeat on a cd player.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Mon 06 May 02 @ 4:26 am
I have two decent rigs for this problem, so memory or CPU cycles would not be a problem I think.

Box 1. Home system.
180GB HD + (18GB UW SCSI HD)
1.2 GB RAM
1.2 Ghz AMD T-Bird (overclocked to 1.7 Ghz)

Port-a-box 1. Dell Inspirion 8100
40 GB HD + (120GB USB 2.0 Ext. HD)
512 MB RAM
1.2 Ghz PIII

As prices for PC's (and/or parts) continue to drop I can forsee alot of people owning such equipment if not better, therefore this can be a justification for the creation/modification of this plugin for current and future users. What are your thoughts on this?

geposted Mon 06 May 02 @ 12:13 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I think that in the near future releases Atomix could or should have longer looping capabilities but more importantly I would like the a-b repeat function.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Mon 06 May 02 @ 4:14 pm
Another case in point I was trying to lift a sample to day to loop (Newcleus- Jam on revenge) at the beginging they have an instimental I like taht I wanted to use for a mix, but the 8 beat wasn't quite enough to catch it all. I am leaning more torwards an unlimited manual sampler as opposed to one that is strictly by the beats. It would make it much easier to sample then being locked in to the beat.

geposted Wed 08 May 02 @ 6:25 pm
Excuse the spelling all, its been a loooooong day! ;|

V

geposted Wed 08 May 02 @ 6:57 pm
If a Pioneer CDJ-700 can seamlessly loop an entire CD and allow you to fine adjust the start and end points of the loop then a program using the processing power of a P3 or P4 should be able to. They just don't have anyone who cares to write the code.

Mke

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 6:03 am
FontHome userMember since 2001
I think they should implement the loops together with the ability to Disable them and only leave 1 ,4, 8 in the even that the system can not handle longer loops. Anyway that's what I think.

Saludos

geposted Thu 16 May 02 @ 6:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)