Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Automatic History Saving

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

sirleeControlleristMember since 2003
I would like to have an AUTOMATIC history saving. The Textfiles should be saved with a name like this YYYYMMDD.txt so you can sort by date easily. And it should be saved while actually playing not at the end of a session.

Especially if it is 4 in the morning you tend to forget to save your history manually.

Also I would like the history list to be a bit smarter. If I listen into one song for some seconds (or a minute) and then decide otherwise and do not play it it will still appear in the history.
I think a smart solution would be to detect if at least 50% of the song have been actually played (not just mouse-fast-forwarded) before adding it to the history. I am using two soundcards and an external Mixer so detecting it by the software crossfader setting or something like this is not an option for me. (The software crossfader always stays in the center)

geposted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 4:25 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
In the 2.1.1 version the history is saved automatically. Check the file "history.txt" in the Atomixmp3 folder...

geposted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 8:05 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
It would be great if the history also showed which deck it was on (esp if the *smart* way of detecting if the song was played live when using an extenal mixer)

Two tracks in a row on the same deck probably mean that the first one never made it to the speakers, or was perhaps used for samples to overlay before moving onto the next track!

geposted Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 4:33 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Thats a great idea !

.:DJ Homeboy:.

geposted Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 3:51 pm
At LAST an intelligent suggestion!!! :)

I agree completely:
It would be a thousand times better if the file was saved/updated dynamically, i.e. the info is appended to the existing file whenever it is played, not saved as one big chunk when you stop the session.

Further I think the listening lenght is not such a good idea; another alternative which would make more sence is to use the same rules as AutoCut which means that once the song is faded in past the 50% mark on the fader (possibly a lower lever to make an update when the song gets audible) an update to the history.txt is appended (remember APPEND to the file, not just added to an internal database for later use).

AND!! A way to include the date into the filename would be good so that you can log your sessions without even bothering with renaming file. How about "history - (insert systems standardformat short date here)" = "History - 2002-09-25.tx" / "History - 09/25/2002" depending on System Locale-settings.
This is incorporated in almost EVERY frigging log-function I've seen so don't make this one an example of unnecessary manual renaming which should be considered obsolete by now... this isn't MS-DOS spreadsheet-programs you know, this is the friggin digital wonder-age ;)

geposted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 8:48 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe some merit to that suggestion, but I feel that many who are using external mixers leave the crossfader in the middle for their entire set.

geposted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 4:46 pm
*LOL*..you're absolutely right! Didn't think of that :)

geposted Fri 27 Sep 02 @ 8:47 am
sirleeControlleristMember since 2003
The Format YYYYMMDD.txt is good because it is easy to sort by.

If the name is DDMMYYYY or something your list would look like this after one yeary:

So this does not make sense at all! You will never know what you played during a month. Please make it YYYYMMDD

If the files are named that way it is EXTREMELY easy to write a little application that posts your playlist to a website or something similar - which is actually something i am doing manually at the moment.

Though I have to agree with you that you could actually sort by Filedate in Windows - Still it makes programming a bit more complicated.

geposted Fri 27 Sep 02 @ 12:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)