Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bass Cancellation

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I'm starting to record mixes now, and my main problem is bass beats cancelling each other out. 1.12 doesn't have kill switches, and 1.2beta that has been released to me does not support external mixer (though it has been added, don't worry, but not in the ver i have). So how can I mix, with 1.12 and my cheap external mixer, without cancelling bass?

geposted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 12:17 am
This is a bit convoluted, but this is what you can do:

You have two inputs going into the mixer, one from each soundcard. You need to put a home-made low frequency filtering circuit in series (in-line) with each respective input, preferably activated by a latched switch.

My family are in the electronics business, so I can look up a suitable circuit for you (if I can find one) and send it by email, so give me your email address.

There are problems that arise from this though, the first is that the circuit is not especially easy to build, as it needs to be quite complex to do an efficient job and to leave all other higher frequencies alone. Then there is the question of from which point you cut off the frequencies.

The circuit requires coils, which although you can wind by hand, would require lots of enamelled copper wire and is hard to do. It's easier to buy the correct ones, but then you have to find someone who can supply you with the right type, also you have to work out the impedance of these coils for the desired cut-off range. Although if I can find the right circuit, all component values will be given, and you would merely have to go into your local TV repair shop and ask them to get them for you.

The circuit could be hardwired as I imagine you don't have a PCB etching kit. The only other components it may need are capacitors, again these can be obtained from a repair shop, and a nice little plastic case to put the bits into.

I would suggest, though, that I find you a circuit that uses an adjustable knob so you can have a range from no bass to full bass, thereby allowing you to make a smooth transition from one set of beats to the next. Although it's up to you, you may prefer a kill switch.

Lastly, have you looked to see if you can find a small equalizer that you could connect to the mixer with just the basic low/med/high frequency adjustments? A couple of those connected to each input would work.

I'll have a look on the net for a suitable circuit as well, in the past I have found sites full of audio circuit diagrams including equalizers, etc. I could then send you the circuit with instructions and places in the UK where you could order the parts (assuming you are in the UK of course).

I have waffled a bit here...but tell me what you think anyway.

PeAcE

MixMaster

geposted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 2:55 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can look for a good Winamp plugin too.

mama

geposted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 4:02 pm
Winamp plug-ins are no good, they have too much latency and often crash the program

geposted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 4:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)