Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help! I need to mix with one soundcard!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all, i have the full version of atomixmp3 and windows me, my problem is that i can't get to listen to the second track through the headphones and the other through the speakers, it all happens at once! I want to be able to switch channels and hear how it mixes before the process actually happens.I have a sound blaster live +mp3 and the little stereo to 2 mono convertor thingy like this:
____
|----|
|----|
---/
|||
|

Can anybody help? I also don't know what setting to use please help! i am sure there is a way.

Thanks in advance
-= SeKToR 2001 =-

geposted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 4:36 am
Here is what to do:

First of all, you MUST really have the full version of Atomix or this won't work, cracks are no good.

In the sound config in Atomix, choose the picture of one soundcard. Next choose the pic of a speaker and a pair of headphones (middle selection).

Thats the software set up. You will now have one channel (song) coming out of one mono output of the stereo to mono converter, and one output (song) coming from the other mono output. One output is to be fed to the speakers and one is to be fed to the headphones. You can check which should go where by playing tunes on both decks and listening to which one responds to the fader being moved from one side to the other - this one should go to the speakers.

The other output goes to the headphones, this output will change from one song to the other depending on which deck has the green light on. To test this, put on the headphones, play songs on both decks and then click on the red light next to the deck, the light should turn green and should then hear the song in that deck playing. Keep on switching between decks by clicking on the lights and it should keep swapping from one tune to the next in your headphones. Again, this will verify you have it connected the right way around.

Now to mix, you play your tune in deck 'a', push the crossfader right over so the tune you are about to put on in deck 'b' doesn't come through, then start deck 'b' playing. The light next to deck 'b' should be green, therefore deck 'b's tune should be coming through your headphones. Now you have monitoring.... so mix as usual.

I have tried this, but without the converter, just swapping from Left to Right channel (balance control) on my midi system, and I am getting leakage between the tunes, this is probably because my balance control isn't very effective, they only use a resistive potentiometer, so it is usual for there to be leakage, albeit at a low volume, which is what I'm getting.

As you can see, I am terrible at explaining things clearly, I'm sure someone will say all this in about one paragraph and in an easy to understand manner :0)

If it still doesn't work or you have further problems, just ask.

MixMaster

geposted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 3:22 pm
Ok guys listen carefully.
If you want to monitor your music before playing it and only have 1 sound card in your PC, first get a cable that conects to the output of your sound card, on the other end of the cable you must have 4 output (2left side and 2 Right side) if you use a mixing table conect the 2 left outputs on 1 channel(monitoring) the other 2 right outpus on another channel(playing).
In the ATOMIX configuration choose 1 sound card with output speakers and headphone.
Almost there.
Start the program with automix enable, load one file in the 1 deck and start playing then load another file in the second deck you can then monitor the second deck by using the monitor botton on your mixer then all you do is press on the MIX botton to change from first to second deck.
Maybe confused but I garantee you that works no problem, once you get used to it is very easy.
Good mixing and monitoring.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 01 @ 5:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)