Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Alternative Control Methods - Detailed Request

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ajb666PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Howdo, just bought this fantastic program and I have one idea for alternative control.

Quite a few people have mentioned interfacing with expensive sounding pro DJ equipment but how about something a little more releastic for the rest of us i.e. cheaper :)

If Atomix control input wasn't basic keys but DirectX one could assign a joystick button to a function or better yet an axis to a slider.

This way anyone could quickly use the throttle control on their joystick to crossfade, alter pitch, etc.

At the moment I'm rebuilding a cheap joypad into a mixing desk. As it's a four axis joypad one could have a crossfader, 2 pitch controls and a master volume, for example, all for less than £50 and a bit of effort. Not to mention the fact it has 10 buttons which could be assigned.

As the Atomix program has no such functionality at the moment I shall just have to write my own program to control my PC's master volume from a joystick axis and map the buttons to Atomix's keys.

Best Regards,

Andy

geposted Sat 02 Nov 02 @ 6:00 pm
This is not a bad idea, but my experience with those gamepad profilers (to convert pad actions into key presses) is that it adds a bit of latency (on the other hand you wouldn't have lots of "programming" to do, just a bit of configuration).

I've built my own controller with a programmable keyboard emulator (EEPROM), and a fair number of buttons :-)).

I am looking at using a joystick to control an effect though (e.g. a flanger, or bandpassfilter which is entirely controllable via joystick would be nasty ;-))

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

geposted Mon 04 Nov 02 @ 4:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)