Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thoughts and questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

p1psterHome userMember since 2003
Im a professional sound designer based in scotland and have been a fan of what Atomix can do (especially for inexperienced djs). I my design i am working on currently there is a great option for using atomix for the production. But as others have highlighted it would be great to see what more effects can do and are capable of doing before shelling out the dosh. I personally dont mind shelling out the small amount for this program but how do i know that ill get what i want? eg do other effects have a user interface to be able to change attributes of the effect or do they just come as is, like the ones with the demo? You guys should seriously consider maybe 2 options of free trials. The first one being what you have allready and the second being a time out version in which you can try out more effects. I dont doubt its not a great program and i do love it but before spending the cash how can you reasure me?

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 2:48 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nobody on these forums have never had any regreats after his purchase... :-) You can check it by yourself... About the effects, there are fully customizable if you consider that they are plugins (dll placed in the dir of Atomix). In addition, in the section add-ons you'll find a great collection of these plugins, programmed by and for Atomix users.. ;-)

And it's sounds good...

Slash

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:02 pm
do some effects therfor having a real-time user interface for changing the attributes whilst mixing? or not

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:08 pm
sorry eg if im in the middle of mixing and i want to change the depth of a reverb plugin or length?

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:12 pm
Yes, now you can. In the past effects used to be static... Now many effects comes with sliders to moderate they behavior...

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:25 pm
cool...but this is exactly the point im trying to stress here. Would it not be better to release a demo with some better effects? to show full use of what is capable. I am now really interested myself in purchasing the full version but, again, how good are these effects that this is capable with and are they redily available. Theres no way of you describing to me what they are like or how they sound as you may be a DJ or a studio engineer, i dont know, but even the best studio engineers opinions of effects differ?

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:30 pm
You just have to bear in mind that's there are *software* effects... So you'll never reach the quality of a hardware rack effect from Berrinhger or so. But the quality here is good enough for many users, and we are many Pro djs, sound engeeners to use it everyday... ;-) Maybe you can try a registered copy to decide.

Slash

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:49 pm
if i decide with a registered copy and dont like it do u refund?!?

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:51 pm
Man, for a professional sound designer... the time you are spending to find this out probably cost more then buying the full version......

geposted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 9:10 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Test drive the demo. If you decide you do like it... then you buy it. Personally, I'd tell you to just buy it. It will do what you want it to do.

geposted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 10:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)