Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OH YESS!!! It Works!! No Problems!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I did a post earlier, about the skipping, and thankz to Grimm i tried messing with the hardware accelaration on my soundcard and guess what?? it fixed the lot and it works a treat!! :))

Thankz to all the peeps that helped me to deal with this. The sound quality is SOOOO Much better than b4 its unreal.

Hey i was just wondering, now that i have changed the accelaration, would that make any difference on sound quality or not cause i dont really know that much about sound cards?? I have not noticed any decrease in sound quality so far...

Thankz again guys.... :))

Dark Storm

geposted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 1:36 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It depends on the card and its hardware capabilities. Some cards upsample and interpolate lower Hz audio streams to its maximum output, so it appears to "clean up" the audio. Other cards (like the SB Live! cards) need to run in full accelleration mode when playing back DirectX audio streams. I noticed in games that if I have the acceleration off, I get horrible playback and crackling in the audio. With acceleration on, it sounds fine.

Likewise, because of possible conflicts between hardware, driver, and the os, turning off acceleration could help solve problems with applications that refuse to work properly or at all.

Grimm

geposted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 12:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)