Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Getting The Most Out Of VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Alot of people ask me how I mix so fast on VDJ Radio. I don't want to give up all my secrets...but here is one that you can use. For all those people that have heard me before, I love to use samples. Rather it's acapellas, instrumentals or just jingles. I love them. It keep the audience guessing what will come next.
For Hip Hop and R&B DJs...A way to keep your mixes alive and exciting is to loop a part of an instrumental song. Could be 8, 16, 32 beat...whatever sounds better. Create a sample or a .VDJ file. Next put that file in the sample slot and loop it. DO NOT BEATLOCK IT. Beatlocking will affect the outcome of the sound as the beatlock will cause your sample to change pitch with every active deck.
Add an acapella to each deck. Play the sample and mix in deck A while you are cueing deck B. End your acapella with an effect...brake for example, while you start your second acapella. As that one plays, load deck A again with another acapella or another song which you have to then cue up.
The mixes or sets will sound exciting and moving. Your audience will never know what hit them.
This is also possible with Electric Music. It gives you the ability to have various songs playing at once. I have mixed with up to four songs at one time.

Just alittle something for those that want to learn a little more.

"Damn that DJ made my day!"

MS

geposted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 12:53 am
thanx a lot for the tip!

the sample engine is for sure an underrated and overlooked feature of VDJ, that can be used VERY to be creative dj, and make fast cool mixes :)

thanx - will try playin around with sampler more! ;) its for sure a feature of VDJ that I do not use enough

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I find the sampler a great tool for creating an 'illusion', to have a familiar sample playing in the background on a break, makes it sound like the incoming track is already their, when infact your still beat-mixing, it can be a very good way to tease the audience in this fashion & also make exciting transitions (I feel a fade out button would help for those who don't use the Uce), as long as you can pull it off smoothly, and avoid that amatuer sound that can easily be produced if you aren't experienced with samplers.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 2:33 pm
gileskPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've been getting into using the sampler alot lately and it's a great tool it has to be said! I still think that more features could & should be added to it though such as eq control, play/pause and the ability to use a sample like it's a third deck - ie a waveform and/or time remaining... I'm sure the development team will get around to all if not most of these features in due course.

I really love the way it's so easy to make my own samples from my huge music collection. Every now and again I'll hear a cool voice sample or something in a tune and I'll record it and use it in one of my mixes.

geposted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 4:26 pm
Does anyone else have great ways to use samples....?

MS

geposted Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 3:58 am

geposted Sat 13 May 06 @ 1:46 pm
well here is one that I haven't heard yet anywhere on the forums or from any other users but works great for an effect as well. Instead of using the regular default sample functions set them as temporary instead. I know it sucks cause you have to hold the key down for the whole sample to play HOWEVER hit the key repeatedly and you will create a cut effect sampling just the tip of the sample which can give you an edge as if you were cutting up the sample using the crossfader :)

Best of luck and keep practicing

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 13 May 06 @ 4:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kl tnx!

geposted Sun 14 May 06 @ 1:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)