Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: beringher BCD2000

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

anyone says if virtual dj now or in future support this controller??

please help!

geposted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 12:29 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
In theory, yes. Once Behringer sales it, many fellows of this community are going to buy it.

geposted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:21 am
mika_auHome userMember since 2005
Anyone manage to get their hands on one of these babies yet?

Also theres a bunch of things the VDJ team will need to consider while trying to make support for the behringer. If you look at the screenshot of the software that ships with the BCD, you will notice that its just a rebranded/rebadged version of the DSS DJ 5 software package. All they've done was to make a new bluish skin for DSS, probably in some agreement with MyXoft (the makes of DSS). Anyway, the point is that VDJ and DSS are slightly different, and the BCD, designed for DSS will not map directly to VDJ (at least in the version it is currently in). One example of why this is so is the seemless loop feature in DSS (controlled by the two LOOP-IN/END & LOOP-OUT buttons on the BCD) varies slightly from the seem-less loop in VDJ. More precisely, in DSS you can set a loop by clicking on the 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 (etc) keys AND ALSO using the begin/end buttons which will automatically make the loop seemless, setting the beat length when you press the loop-out button depending on how many beats ago the loop-in button was pressed.. e.g. if you press loop-in and wait for 6 beats (or even a fractional number) and then press loop-out, DSS will make an 8 beat loop, rounding up the number of beats (or possibly down, can't remember now) to the nearest binary exponent.

Whereas in VDJ, the loop-in & loop-out buttons do just that, they set the loop entry and exit points precesely where you want them, and have no regard for the "seemlessness" of the loop. So in order to support the BCD (or at least its loop controller), the VDJ team will need to think about how they want to handle seemless looping. Maybe VDJ already have support for that in version 3.1... and i havent been told :(

:)

geposted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 4:34 am
Hey, The BDS2000 will be used as mixer, MIDI controller and USB soundcard. The DSS is another software, and I don't think VDJ is going to match the software... Via Midi is more likely.

I seen some FULL members that are waiting to buy this controller when it shows up.

geposted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 5:40 am
It's a midi controller so all we have to do it map the controls the way we want them.

geposted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:51 pm
mika_auHome userMember since 2005
Well yes it is a midi controller, so in principle you could map anything to anything... but it would be nice if the button you pressed did what its label said, rather than something else.

You could use the 4 buttons next to the 4 i/v rotary encoders on the upper panel to control the loops, but originally these were meant to control the effects: on/off and magnitude of effect. There are probably another 100 mapping combinations you can think of, but nothing would beat each button doing what its supposed to. Besides i think that the current loop in/out feature in VDJ with no seamlessness is completely useless. With a couple of more lines of code im sure they can mimic what DSS have done.

Also i hope their pitch sliders are a bit more precise then what hercules had to offer. I own a herc and i think the biggest problem is the pitch slider precision. It was nice that herc put a centering notch in the middle of the slider, but having a +/- 2mm deadzone around the centre was completely unnecessary.

People have also been complaining of the stickiness of the play/cue buttons, but i think this is no longer an issue: gullemot seemed to have fixed this problem in the later releases of the console. The one i have seems to have ok keys, and they certainly work as soon as you press them.

Finally the herc has a single ADC, and no phono preamp (not that big of a deal since we can preamp in software) which means we can only use one TCV deck.

geposted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 12:11 am
The manual is on the Behringer website, so you can use the MIDI map in it to prepare VDj for use with the ocntroller..

geposted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 12:05 am
hey acw_DJ i am full version user definatly looking forward to this controller, and willing to be a guinea pig and purchase it first

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 8:00 pm
Ok Gauge!

Let me know about it ...

Take Care yourself!

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 10:40 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
HEll... it's difficult now. The DJ Console MK2 has about the same functions as the Behringer.
Behringer @169€ and Herc @218... and the Behringer has 2 sliders and kill switches BUT has only one line in... I mean: one phono and another switchabl phono/line. So a setup with two CD players or tapedecks, DAT's,... is out of the question. Damn hard.
And what about hardware support? The MK2 plug and play for Virtual DJ 3? And the Behringer?
Any suggestions?

PS: some site act as if they have BCD available, and others (in UK) mention "available january 2006".

geposted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 10:35 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I asked again today in an instruments superstore, they told me not to expect the BCD before the end of the year...

I think that Behringer maybe will also miss the Christmas/1st of the year appointment with the market, with the DJC Mk2 just released... they'll loose the contest without a fight.

Ciao!! :)

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 6:37 pm
hi guys,
sorry to sound a bit dumb here, but i'm just moving over from cd's to mp3's, and i want to use a controller i.e. djc mk2 or the bcd2000. which would be the better of the two or does no one really know yet? Also i already brought a copy of vdj and i'm a little confused when you talk about mapping the bcd via midi, what does that mean?

If you can help many thanks Dave

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 10:43 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
None of these two is out yet, so yes, nobody knows what's better, for now.

geposted Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 10:33 am

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 12:28 pm

It's a very good offer, but it isn't available today, and we see this kind of info since jan05 so until I don't see it IN STOCK it couldn't be purchase.

Hope in this 1/2006 will be out for sale.

geposted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 6:32 am
I am interested in this too working with VDJ.

I sold the original hercules, got the mK2 and continually want to upgrade my controller

I LOVE the all in one sound card/controller/mixer idea

I even have a custom case, holds the MK2 and laptop. SWEET SETUP, simple to hook up

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 4:00 pm

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:03 pm
Also, on the Hercules it has a button for "Auto Beat" to beatmatch... does the BCD2000 have this?

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:08 pm
jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just got BCD2000 the other night. I post some stuff under the General Discussions if you're interested. I do need help on how to make VDJ work with this one. Where can I find help? thank you.

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:54 am
jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was able to make some of the keys work with VDJ (trial version) but there are a lot of keys to map. I hope there's a file out there that i could just import and verything will be mapped.

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)