Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I need help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, whenever I am mixing and saving songs to my hard drive, I cannot save songs that are numbered. For example, I always have one big file that is mabye one hour long and it is continious, I would like my files to be numbered such as track 1, track 2 and so on. On the record buton, I have checked the "split into multiple files" and "auto split on crossfade'. What am I doing wrong? Also, how do I use a headphone with my mixer? I downloaded the program and it will not work. I need so help.

Thanks
Syberman

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 10:10 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you are looking to record your own mixes, you need to create a file name.

Click on record, then config.
Click on the browser box on the right 1/2 way down.
You can pick the location you want the file saved to name it before you click ok.
Click Autostart, click the bitrate you want +192 or better.
Then click record, hit play, start mixing and it will start recording when you start playing.

You will wind up with one large mixed set being recorded.
That is what it is designed to do.

Now, if you are looking to rip a cd into the hard drive that is a different proceedure.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 10:47 pm
Can you explain to me how to rip a CD? Also, how do I use my headphone?

Thanks
Syberman

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 4:23 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
For the headphones use,

You could use them thru the mixer or thru the soundcard. I have in my blog how to configure VDJ and your soundcard for headphones use.

If you want to use it thru the mixer, follow my instructions my instructions but use in VDJ the picture with the mixer and connect left deck (sounds in the front speakers output of your soundcard) to your mixer (Line1) and right deck (sounds in the 5.1 or subwoofer output of your soundcard) to connect to your mixer (Line2).

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 5:26 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Google "audiograbber", dl and install.
Google "Lame encoder 2.95" and install (unzip) to audiograbber folder.
Open audiograbber and set up the settings, make sure Lame shows up and select.
Rip at 192kbps or better and it should be all set to go.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 12:08 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think what he was saying is that his mixes are one file and burned to a disc you can only fast forward "the hard way" scrolling thru the time, rather then track by track. I do this in nero, you can edit the single track and place markers were the track splits should be, burn it and BOOM! you got a mix with tracks, after that just make copies of that as it can serve as a master copy. Split with crossfader for me makes very tiny breaks but i can hear them, so it not perfectly smooth

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 2:28 pm
I would like to know how to convert an entire cd to mp3?WHEN I TRY TO CONVERT IT WILL ONLY DO THE FIRSR TRACK! The only way i can do it is manually do each track..Can anyone help?

geposted Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 5:24 pm
Are you saying you want to record several tracks of a CD to ONE mp3? For example, you have "Joe Blow's Best Hits" CD with 9 tracks on it. And you want to convert all 9 tracks to 1 mp3?

Is that what you are asking to be able to do?

If so, I believe that there are several ways to do this, none of them very efficient (time wise).

I would suggest two solutions:

First, burn each track as a track, track 1, track 2, track 3, etc. Then, once you have these tracks, use an mp3 editor to edit these tracks together. Knowing what software you have, i.e. Nero, would help.

Second, you could "record" these tracks into one MP3. As you alread have Virtual DJ (and I'm guessing not having used RIP Vinyl) you could record the cd being played out to Rip Vinyl, however if there are any gaps, I believe RIP vinyl will see them as pauses between tracks and make a seperate track. In Virtual DJ, you could select record what you hear and end up with one mp3 file, but this is just silly because you are taking a digital track, making it analog, and then re-digitizing it.

I think the first option would be your best, but like I said, knowing what software you have will help.

Did that answer what you WANT to do, if not exactly answering the question directly? Also, did you resolve the headphones thing? If not, you need to assign one of your audio outs (assuming you have a 5.1 sound card or more than one sound card) in the Sound Card Tab under after you click Config. Scroll down on the pictures to the ADVANCED section, here you can assign just about everything.

geposted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 12:52 am
i wanna update my mixstation but where do i find my serial number i got the registration key thats about it

geposted Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 2:43 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

geposted Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 4:16 pm
Djud22PRO (legacy)Member since 2005
This going to sound crazy but here it goes. I installed the program and played songs and mixed with it all great. Then i clicked and open the box that shows the BPM and 1/2 set beat and so on. Now all the songs are out of wack and BPM, what i want to do is to reset it back to the begging so as if it was just reinstalled and when i drag the song on the turn table it will give a correct BPM. Can this be done with out uninstalling and then re installing.

DJUD

geposted Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 6:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)