Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Locking up Issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Im having a problem with 2 different machines locking up when loading a mp3 or video. 1 Box has win2kpro on it and the other is my brand new P4 3.0 775 with a GeForce 6800GT with 512megs of ram on the video card runnin XP.

It will occasionally lock up when I drag a song or video into the player thats not playing. However .. the song im currently playing will continue to play but the video or ambient will freeze and the program will not respond. Control Alt Delete is the only option then. But like I said, when it locks up, the audio continues to play the rest of the song.

Any ideas? It occasionally happens right after I drag in a song to load.

Before anyone asks, Yes all my drivers are current, Yes the boxes are tweaked to optimum specs. It just acts like a loading lock up issue.

Thanks,
Matt

geposted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:14 am
I've had this happen too once or twice now (Sony Vaio laptop with Maya44 USB, TCV, XP10 and DAC-3.)

First time was while loading a video. 2nd time (This weekend) was when loading an ordinary MP3 audio file. In both cases, the program froze but the audio from the track continued playing, allowing ample time to switch to a CD. Had to CTRL+ALT+DEL and end task. Lock up occured after about 3 hours of use. I was using TCV when the first crash occured and the DAC-3 via MIDI when second occured.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:19 pm
Same symtoms as me but I use a Dac-2 controller on both machines. I'm glad I'm not the only one this is hapening to. Anyone else have these problems?

geposted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 4:25 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Re: Star Trek
Need more power Scotty, I can't Captain, the crystals wont take it!

More ram will certainly help with loading tracks.
I run 2k.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 11:02 pm
So you think 1 Gig of ram isnt enough? They really needs 2 Gigs? Would 2 Gigs be considered optimal?

Matt

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:00 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I think your new PC runs better with 1GB or more. 2GB will be better only with the max speed memory you can handle. What motherboard are you using? If your motherboard supports DDR2 667 go for that. Take the max speed your motherboard could reach with his memory...

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:34 am
Intel D955XBK Board, (2) 512 Sticks of PC4200 533mhz, 3.0ghz P4 775 with 800mhzFSB 2mb, EVGA GeForce 6800GT 512Megs, WD Serial ATA Drive.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 7:55 am
My friend, that motherboard supports DDR2 667, sure it will works better with 2 more 512MB DDR2 667 Memory module. Please check you have your memory in dualchannel and HT is working (It's better for Win XP).

Good Luck!

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 8:36 am
I have 1Gb of RAM too. I think this may be a bug in VDJ 3.1? - I've never had any of the earlier versions crash on me.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 11:51 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MadMatt:

1GB should be enough at this point, actually I can load a 50-60meg video with no problems with only 512mb RAM, and only 8mb assigned to the graphics card!, your set-up seems to be not too short of idealic.

When you load a video though, it's not like audio, when you load audio you can play it instantely, with video however, I reccomend you put it into the deck and give it a good 10 seconds before playing it, what I've experienced is that if you play it instantely the audio will proceed and video wont even come into the equation.

When running video, or even audio, you need to have windows running optimely, this means killing any unneeded processes, including all start-up apps, things like Virtual memory should be at 1gig, you should adjust windows for best performance and minimal graphical enhancements (windows classic mode), don't have loads of desktop icons, choose a plain background etc, these little things add up and believe when I say they make it work better!.

It seems demanding, but VDJ is a proffesional program, and likes your resources, so a proffesional, well tuned program is needed if you expect a hicup free set-up.

Also, you could be right, maybe it's not a bug, but needs to be optimised a little more so you shouldn't have this problem, but first help yourself as much as you can, and the Dev team will do the rest!.

Please continue to write here if you continue to have issues.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 3:34 pm
I do have it in dual channel mode. All my videos are divx rips about 25 - 30 Megs each ... They load fairly fast. Sometimes I can play 4 hours straight between mp3's and avi's with not even a hicup and other times it will freeze up 3 times a night ... there is no rhyme or reason to it. Also, I never had these "lockup problems" with previous versions with older hardware and alot less ram. I do have both machines optimized very well. The new one i just built has a fresh XP install with no other software loaded and optimized as well. However, my old win2k cube has the same occasional freezing issues and they are 2 completely different breeds. I really am leaning towards some sort of loading bug in 3.1. Its just strange that 2 completely different machines both have the same problems.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 10:30 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes this is known, some have low specs and their VDJ flys, others have super computers with lots of performance problems, hardware specs is rarely the problem imho.

geposted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 10:35 pm

geposted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:56 pm
Is there a way to shut off the display at the top of the screen that shows the wave lengths? I used a skin that allowed me to slow it down and I didnt seem to have any loading lock up issues. I'd like to disable it.

Thanks,
Matt

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 5:36 pm
I think you could change any skin to do that, go to the Skins forum.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 6:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)