Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi can you tell me is there a way to make virtual dj auto dj? I am debuting about purchasing this program but want to make sure of what it is capable of. I currently use Ots dj and love it. But want a program for my second computer that is different. Please let me know if you can. Thanks Rita

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 1:24 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Rita,

Try the FREE Demo: http://www.download.com/Virtual-DJ/3000-2170_4-10424837.html?tag=lst-0-1

And let us know what you think ;), It's the best DJ app out their, you'll see this monster program runs rings around OTS.

For a FULL list of the softwares FEATURES:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/list.html

The auto functions work fine, but it's best you do some manual work like pre-listen, although visual mixing is top too.., well try it!.

Please don't hesitate to ask anymore specific questions.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 1:34 am
Have you actually tried Ots? I think its a great program and has many features that this one does so far. I have tried the demo version of this and i still don't see any where that you can auto dj with it. And what i mean in my ots form is this. I load one song up in A and then when its almost done it automatically starts playing the second song that was loaded in B. And then it fades out and goes right back and automatically loads the next song in A and then so forth B. I have not seen this feature in Virtual dj as of yet. I have tried playing with it. And see no help files what so ever in this. Thanks Rita

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 2:14 am
There is a way so there is non stop playing . just drag all the songs you want to play from the middle columm to the right and click on the star and it will do it all it self .

Hope ive helped

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:18 am
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I'm trying to learn more and more bout it. hugs, May get back with you if i get more stumped on anything.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:28 am
New question. Why does the pitch startout either faster or slower on the song that its going to play. Thats not good. It shows it moved either slower or faster on the next song getting ready to play. That makes the song not the tempo it should be. Is there a way to fix that without having to move it back to the middle each time? hugs,

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:42 am
Sorry missed a question, why are my artist and my song titles backwards? Its using Elvis Presley for the title and the song for the author. Why? hugs.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:55 am
Got that one figured out how to get the title to show correctly. What are all the black question marks in yellow next to the songs. Its on everyone. hugs.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:04 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Virtual DJ use this format: Author - Song.xyz Where xyz is the extension of the file (mp3, acc, wma,mpg,divx,vob,ogg,etc). If you have reversed this format (like Song- Author) we have an utility to put all files in Author - Song format. I'm not sure if is available to Demo users.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:06 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For the pitch to start at it's regular value: In settings you need to ENABLE "auto pitch reset".

You said have I tried OTS, yea I've tried just about every DJ software on the market, OTS is a nice little tool, but because I'm experienced with VDJ, I realise that it's simply the better product, It's one of the most proffesional DJ tools out their.., most people here converted from other softwares when all became clear ;), I hope you'll see the light too :).

Have fun!.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 12:14 pm
The auto pitch reset is enabled. Then next song when set to auto dj moves the song to like +6.6 instead of resetting it back in the middle. Now the next song that is thrown up in like deck b is -19.9. I don't like that cause it makes the song start out to fast at + what ever or to slow at - what ever. So what do i need to do to get this to stay in the reset position of the middle when each song is automatically places in the player? Not all songs move the pitch. But most do. A friend of mine has the same thing and his version is the full professional version. Also can anyone explain why the yellow marks with the black? marks in them. And why the red x on some songs?
I'm sorry if you feel i ask to many questions, but i must be real sure before i jump in on this. I truly wish they gave more help files to explain some of this. I see there is no eject button for a song in the player either unless i am missing it.

geposted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 7:38 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
HalfPint,

Under the 'FAME' setting, disable 'Auto-BPM'.
Also, to get the result I believe you are looking for, enable 'force fade' and adjust the slider below it to change the time you want the 2 songs to overlap. With the 'force fade' setting it will just fade out of one song and into the next.

Hope that helps,
-Frd

geposted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 3:40 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
halfpint,

Virtual don't include and eject button yet, but some of us have requested and I'm sure we will have it. For now We do a trick to do this; create a file with windows notepad "EJECT.MP3" and place it in a visible place of your VirtualDJ estructure (the left tree in your VDJ). This file couldn't load in VDJ so when you try to load you get a little error and clear your deck, like eject function.

Good Luck!

geposted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 4:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)