Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console MK2 Key Remap - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

arno_bHome userMember since 2005
Hi,

I just bought the new DJ Console MK2, and I am quite happy with it and Virtual DJ except for one thing :
I would like to use the sliders to control the pitch (by default on the mk2, no problem there) AND the rotative controls for precise ajustment of the pitch, instead of volume control, which I think is useless since I use an external mixer anyway. I would also like to disable the crossfader which is only getting in the way.
Why won't Virtual DJ let me remap the controls ? Apparently, this feature is not available in the pro version either. Is this in the todo list for future versions ? Is there anyway that I could modify a config file or something to achieve that ?

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 12:06 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That should be fixed soon :).

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 12:08 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Ha, you have a new icon for MK2, nice!

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:07 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes, the dev team is working on a dj console mapper. woo woo!

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 7:48 am
arno_bHome userMember since 2005
I'm definitly buying the pro version as soon as it's done !

I was wondering... Does anybody actually use the DJ Console as a mixer ?

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 10:00 am
I use it at home as mixer, when broadcasting to Virtual DJ radio.

At live gigs at nightclubs, I use it as soundcard + external mixer, and use the jogwheels only on the console, for nudge... and pitch.

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:37 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes for home is ok...

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:39 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
OK... I'm in trouble now...
just received the MKII.
I have the older one and a licensed VirtualDJ 3.

User manual instructs me to put the cd in the tray and instaal? I will be able to install the drivers.
Yeah right. Installation installs a Virtual DJ version, so i have to get my config in the software back in place (skin, remote control by DJconsole,...).
Then I hook up my phono (main reason why i bought it), and the thing does weird:
1/ I hear the phono through the headphones on the MK2, but not in the OUTgoing line to my amplifier.
2/ I hear the mp3's through the amplifier, but not on the headphone
3/ The headphone selector gives me music, but not according to the "deck A, Deck B, Mix,...).
4/ My Virtual DJ 3 might be fucked up?
5/ The MK2 tool for console configuration gives me 22 errors in a nice screen.

So: HELP!!!!!

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 12:55 pm
Yourt,

"1/ I hear the phono through the headphones on the MK2, but not in the OUTgoing line to my amplifier."
=> Do you a) select the phono in as audio source (switch off the audio source LED)
b) switch the line input in phono level on the rear panel
c) move the crossfader on audio source side (left eck for input 1/2, right for input 3/4)
Remark: at the moment you load VirtualDJ, the software doesn't read the position of the crossfader as long as you have not moved it.

2/ I hear the mp3's through the amplifier, but not on the headphone
Do you switch the headphones selector on the deck of the MP3?
Remark: at the moment you load VirtualDJ, the software doesn't read the position of the selector as long as you have not moved it.

3/ The headphone selector gives me music, but not according to the "deck A, Deck B, Mix,...).
Are you sure the button cap is in the right position: does maximum left fit with deck A and maximum right fit with Split ?
Do you move the headphones selector (as long as this selector is not moved once, VDJ doesn't read its position and plays the last loaded file as default source)

5/ The MK2 tool for console configuration gives me 22 errors in a nice screen.
Does it happen when you click on the icon from the start mnu (Programs-> Hercules->...). I had it once with a shortkey of the Console Control Panel, so I did a new shortkey directed on exe file and it was OK.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 3:31 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok...
I figured it out myself... and now I'm back here to share.... ;-)

started the cd again and aborted the menu.
Then went through the file explorer and seklected the configuration tool map.
1 exe file there.
After activation, it removed the "entire installation". Rebooted,e xecuted again and it installed fresh out of the box.
Just the erroneus config tool. Now I have both soundcards mentionned and i can switch between the old one or the new one...and my settings in 3.01 haven't been overwritten this time.

Only disapointment left until now: preamp on the Phono seems to be a little low compared to the mp3 pc-level... but I've been working on that too. ;-)
Solution: input too low... means output mp3 too high, right. So, open the sound settings (speaker in icon tray if it is there) and drop the WAV slider to a very low level (just between 1/8 and 1/10 I guess).
LEVELED.
But I consider this a workaround... better hardware solution is possible with preamp between TT and input on MK2.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 12:23 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey, please, tell me something about the new version of the console:
1)If u press the play button the song start, or u need to pray like the old version?
2)Are u able to assign different loop lenght to console buttons? (diifferent from 1/2/4)
Thanks for the answer.
By the way, still shared buttons for efx,loop,cue..damn!!!!

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 1:10 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello voltron (ciao sono italiano pure io) and other guys
I have the new mk2 and I want to now if is possible to configure a differt use for the mouse control of the console.
Now I have disable the mouse and the left button load a song into the deck A and right for the deck B and the control of the mouse? What can I do with this control? Why is not possible to select other function?
If u press the play button the song start, or u need to pray like the old version?...
...It work ok but is not perfect, it's necessary to push in the perfect center of the button.
Are u able to assign different loop lenght to console buttons? (diifferent from 1/2/4)...
...now not possible, I can only wait an update of driver and firmware to use this function or you can buy the full version of virtual dj to use the midi control (Hercules is a midi controller) to change the button but I don't know if there are some conflict when you check midi and Hercules in the virtual remote control panel.
You can configure the midi controller but not the hercules control (button,slide,ecc).

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 2:29 pm

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 9:39 pm
Yes but u need to use the console like a midi controller, and jogwheels don't work good for nudge if u use it in this way.

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 2:35 pm
(doesn't, not don't) sorry for my english lol

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 2:36 pm
I'm sure the jogweels will work fine ;) wait and see when the plugin is available

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:35 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@dj_in_norway

He needs VirtualDJ v3.2 to use the new mapper

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 8:23 am
So... for those of us who don't program, how do you use these files...?

geposted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 3:46 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please update the possibility to map the dj console for the home edition user!!!

geposted Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 12:17 pm

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 4:39 pm
69%