Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash Last night

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I hope someone can help. I am having issues with VDJ where I will have a song playing and then I will attempt to load a LONG song on the second deck,,,.. Say a medley of more then 10-20 minutes,,, The system will go into a sound loop on the song playing... sometimes it will come out when it is finished loading the other deck and other times it will crash the program with the VDJ crash guard.. I had it happen last night at a gig. I was playing a 3 minute song on Deck B and went to load a 55 minute disco mix on deck a.. as soon as the song started loading on deck A, Deck B went into a sound loop and then I got the VDJ crash guard. I had to exit the program and then go back in.. good thing I always carry CD's...

any ideas? Oh BTW I am using Pentium M 1.6 768 MB ram, a USB 2.0 Hard drive and a Maya 44...

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 4:13 pm
The trouble is the memory that is consumed by a 55 minute song (or mix). VDJ loads the complete song in memory. This means that you're running out of memory, your pc starts swapping -> VDJ will stop playing the current song correct.
You could make a change in your configuration. Set the max load time in VDJ config menu to 5 or 10 minutes. If the song is longer than the value (5 or 10 munites), VDJ will not load or analyse the song. This will probably solve your problems.
Test it yourself at home.
Ewout

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 4:21 pm
but I assume it will play the 1st five minutes and load as it is playing? i have it set to 30min and it didnt help.. I also tried it at 10 mins..

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 7:35 pm
If you set it at 5 minutes and you drag a song longer than 5 minutes to one of the decks, the song will not be analysed. In the waveform you only see a couple of seconds. You could play the song normally.
Ewout

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 7:39 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djqwikcut,
Your laptop is running slow, this Pentium M aren't the best option for DJing... Anyway,

Erase all Temp files (incluiding Internet Explorer temp files), defrag your harddisk. Change your current "Energy Options" in the Control Panel to "Desktop or Office Use". This will improve your Laptop performance.

I hope this could help you.

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 7:43 pm
Ok if Pentium M is not good enough and it is runing SLOW what do you recommend? I'll get another laptop IF I know what to get that isnt ecpensive.. how about CELERON? I see some deals for under $1000

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 8:47 pm
djqwikcut,
I use a Pentium centrino (1.7 GHz Pentium mobile) and VDJ is working ok. VDJ is made to do live mixes. The maximum song lenghth is normally 15 minutes. These files could be loaded normally when you have 1G memory. Loading complete mixes 74 minutes, could give problems in vdj, because the program is not mend to be playing these files. If you set max load to 10 min, it should be working ok, but still vdj is not made to play these files.
On the other hand mixing yourself is much nicer than playing complete mixes ;-) If you need to play some songs out of the mixes you mention, try to split it in multiple smaller files.

If you would have best performance keep away from Pentium mobile, Centrino, cheaper amd processors.
Ewout

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 9:16 pm

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 9:29 pm

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 9:41 pm

Stay away from Pentium M based notebook if you could. These notebook is better than the currently you have, but have the same delay issues that all these Pentium M based computers have. The Front Bus Clock is 533MHz vs 800MHz in a Pentium 4 based notebook. The speed is 1.8GHz vs 3.2GHz (or even 3.6GHz) in a Pentium 4 based laptop.

Pentium M was designed to consumes less battery. But it also makes them slower (even with the 2MB cache they could have). We need more power not more battery life...

select a notebook wich have a N-vidia 6600 (or ATI X300 or N-Vidia 6200 at least) to have a good video performance. Video Card of Intel 915 GM (with embedded 3D engine, shared memory architecture (SMA) up to 128 MB DDR SDRAM) isn't good enough for video mixing.

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 10:08 pm

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 4:58 am

Sorry I can't find any laptop that fit the recomendations in that URLs...

You can pay in 6 months or as low as $62 usd with a customized laptop in here.

Windows XP Professional, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 650 w/HT Technology 3.4GHz ( 800MHz front-side bus), 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050), 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x1024MB), 100 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, FREE Upgrade to LightScribe Combo w/Double Layer, 4g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth, 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) X600, HP Mobile Remote Control (If you want to remote play music and shut off the notebook).

Also has: 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot and 1 Type I/II 32-bit card bus 1 IEEE-1394(Firewire), 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0), Integrated Consumer IR (infrared), 1 TV-Out (S-video), 1 RJ-11 (modem), 1 Expansion Port 2 Connector, 1 RJ -45 (LAN).

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:24 am
WEll I am stuck since I just got out of paying off my credit cards so I need to go to one of those sites to BUY from.. All they have are pentium M systems. is there anything on one of those sites. either http://www.shopnbc.com or http://www.hsn.com or http://www.qvc.com that would be better then my inspiron 8600 and not break the bank? im just getting into this digital DJ thing and dont have a tun of money to spend on a new laptop. I know Pentium M's are not the way to go but that appears thats where all the deals are...

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 4:55 pm
djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What about an alienware? They are superpowerful ! not to mention damn cool looking!

www.alienware.com

either the Area-51 m770

Corrected by ACW. the link was ok now

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 5:06 pm

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 5:28 pm
Well I will check those site out but becauseI just paid off my credit cards I need to find a place with those easy poayments thing. all those sites I mentioned have them and its not a credit card just a paymewnt plan...

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 5:49 pm
djqwikcut,

I just take a look in alienware and ipowerbuy.... The laptop from HP cost you less and have better specs than all that I saw in these sites.

djqwikcut, I only want to give you the best laptop for the money, it's my point of view. I give you the option. If you can't take it I will look for the less bad laptop in the sites you gave me. But you are going to pay more for a notebook that will give less performance than the zdv8000.

I'll be back,

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 12:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)