Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TIME CODED CD NOT SCRATCHING AFTER SYNC

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

IMBIZZYPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I HAVE THE HERCULES DJ CONSOLE MK II AND HAVE DOWNLOADED THE TCCD FROM THE SITE BUT AFTER SYNCING IN THE CD WITH THE SOFTWARE THERE IS ALOT OF UNWNATED GLITCHY INTERFERNCE DURING PLAYBACK. ON TOP OF THAT THE ABILITY TO SCRATCH IS HENDERED SIGNIFICANTLY IF NO ABILITY TO SCRATCH AT ALL. I AM USING STANTON 304'S TO PLAY MY TIME CODE CD AND LOOPING IT STRAIT THROUGH THE INPUT ON THE H. DJ CONSOLE.....IF ANYONE HAS ANY INPUT PLEASE POST. THX

geposted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 7:56 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Do you have a 100% timecode quality?

geposted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:18 pm
yes i do. the problem is that i can hear time code interference being played back through audio whenever the software responds to movements of my turntables. Everything synced in fine, but instead of a scratch you here more of a computer binary effect....maybe there is a difference in using cd's and vinyl

geposted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 7:56 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
A french user had this problem and i think he solved it. I'll ask him for more details.

geposted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 8:29 pm
I think its hillarious that I would be the only American dj that has this problem............Technical support for advanced setup leaves much to be desired from this manufacuter considering how much money I have spent

geposted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:18 am
IMBIZZY,

Don't get despaired buddy I'm sure lots of people are buying the MK2s and will be doing some major testing with TCCDs really soon. Since the Herc 2 console is still new not everyone on these forums have had time to check out all the bugs and find fixes to them unfortunatelly.

personally I use TCVs and am working with some teamers on trying to get my issues fixed although that takes time and I know for a fact that there are lots of great friendly users that will certainly help you out. Just be a little patient buddy I'm pretty sure help will come your way soon.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 5:54 am
Well after day number 6 finally have solved my own problem

For anyone that is having a simular issue and have not yet found the fix for this issue, hopefully my solution may help...

1.Download the updated driver and firmware upgrade for the mk2 from the hercules website

2.Make sure that you have at least direct x 9.0 or above installed on your system

3.Check your asio driver version and make sure it is at least version 2.0... dont aske me where to download it from

4.Make sure the console's asio buffer size is not set too high, I found that 441 to match the sample rate of 44100khz did the trick.

5.The console seems to work best in asio mode and not wdm

6.Go to the sound card configuration in vdj and select time coded vinyl setup even though tccd's will be used

7.Go through the basic routine of syncing in the time code. Use Shortest RCA's possible to make sure you get the best sync signal possible

8.In the remote controller tab, disable the scratch with jog wheels and joystic options for the Hercules

That should do the trick....If it dos'nt, then my assumption is that each individuals system may vary in sample rate settings and buffer size, soo if you are having the same problem i have had, just play with those two settings until you find a winnner. You may have to shut down and reopen vdj several times until you find the right configuration

Much thx to the Hercules support staff for absolutly no help at all and hours of jacking with this thing, I hope this helps anyone else out that may be curious about using their product in their mobile setup...

I would appreciate anyones input on improving the latency after timecode syncronization.... I suck at c+ and registry editing

DJ Bizzy B

geposted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 8:07 am
Glad you found a fix to your problem.

Your help from that issue will surely help others on the forums :D

geposted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:36 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was going to suggest to check the asio buffer, I had an issue with my TCV that it work fine for about 10 min (depending on how much i scratched) and after that it would sound so bad. I had just lowered the buffer set on that soundcard and it been fine since, keep in mind buffer levels would be different depending on your system Although i thought the level would have more to do with your processor and RAM then sample rate.

geposted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 6:46 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
IMBIZZY,

Thanks for the input, I'm happy you finally get it working.

:-)

geposted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 4:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)