Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV and Samples

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

I'm using a maya 44 with TCV, and when I'm playing a sample in loop form, I get a loud buzzing sound when I take a needle off of the TCV. It only lasts for a second or so, but it basically means I can't use samples if I plan on changing a song. Any help?

geposted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 6:10 pm
i think the sample is syncronised to the vinyl. when you take the needle of it dont know how to syncronize.

try to skip to the other deck with the "tab" shortcut and syncronize the sample to the tcv deck where the needle stays on when you change the other side.

geposted Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 2:17 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats exactly rite. the samples are sycronised to the speed of the default player. play a sample over a song in the default deck and then power off/motor off the turntable. listen to the sample be slowed down eventualy being slowed down to infinity causing the same sample to be played over and over again (like a buzzing) then as soon as the deck stops being in 'play made' (the play button goes out) the syncronisation between the sample and the disk ends and it returns to its defalut speed.

im sure the development team have it on their long list of little things they need to do.

geposted Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 2:44 am
you can turn that off easily...

Just turn off beatlock for the sample you want to use... (option in each sample slot)

easy as that :)

geposted Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 8:42 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks everybody! I had a feeling it was due to the beatlock, I will try that tonight and let you know how it turns out.

geposted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:06 pm
ah nice one, is there a way to make it resize the sample to the same speed but not 'beatlock' as such?

geposted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:26 am
yeh basicly timecode is a weak addition to VDJ. everythign you look at when using TCV you can see that it has not been designed that way, only tacked on in a recent idea. VDJ is a good program tho. it just isnt as well made as it mite be.............

geposted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 3:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)