Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Rewire - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

.. seems those links I gave are bit old already and ASIO isn't so much needed anymore as atleast the latest high end cards tend to support multiple DX outputs.

Steinberg has a pretty nice page up for their VST SDK so lack of information should not be a problem if there's demand for VST support. There's a few examples for creating plugins but I could not find any comprehensive example for hosting them, hopefully it isn't be too complicated.

geposted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 1:18 am
KazumbaHome userMember since 2004
great idea...

Here's how i see it:

VDJ Is the host for the rewire sequencer.

VDJ Is the master for tempo.

VDJ will add another GUI interface (like the samples/effects/etc..) for quickly controlling volume, tempo, and whatever else needed of the rewire slave, all which are to be controllable with the regular VDJ keyboard shortcuts (maybe another category in "shourtcuts" being "rewire" or something?).

VDJ can play effects on the rewire channel (meaning VDJ has another channel going out to the master/monitor/headphones/whatever, which feeds from the rewire slave sequencer.

Besides that, I don't know which is easier to create... but -

How about starting with just a VSTi support and a small sequencer window (as part of VDJ itself). Maybe even not too fancy, just having a 1 to 64 steps based sequencing patterns ability, and maybe even a "save&send sample number X" in the samples menu?

Either way, having a sequencer abbillity synced and connected to VDJ would be every DJ's dream. After all, that's what DJing is all about these days, not just mix. Mix & Create.

BTW -> AWSOME SOFTWARE (Since atomix, till now & robably for good...).

geposted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 12:39 am
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow this is starting to look really good... Using VJD as a VSTi sounds like the most favorable way to achive this and def sounds like the way to go... I hope the world is ready for the show!!!

Can the staff keep us posted on there developments...

Way to go VDJ!

geposted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 3:15 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
been away for a while just wondering if anything ever happened with this since Ive seen loads of talk of asio

geposted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 11:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)