Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing vs Remixing

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

kman025PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I read DJ WhiteDVL's post about mixing, and noticed when he broke down a typical trance type song that each four bars or so towards the beginning something is added (either a percussion or a vocal track) to build some sort of progression. I also noticed that in most trance/house remixes, the DJ is able to separate the various parts of the original track (like vocals or a certain bassline) and cue them whenever he wants during his mix AND apply effects to only the vocal track for example while leaving the rest of the song unaffected. This may seem basic but that's what I really want to have the freedom to do but VDJ doesn't really allow us to do that. I want to be able to add those "whoosh" effects (by the way how do you do that) and those powerful vocal loops you often hear in trance. Can someone who knows what im trying to get across here help me out...thanks

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:37 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
this is a remix.........

well the only way you can do what i think your talking about is to get in to producing if you want to use many seperate elements to remix a track.. There is some amazing things you can pull off with VDJ if done right and using all it has to offer but there's only so many seperated things you can add going all at once. many Dj's use pre-mixed tracks so it may seem like there's more going on then really is. If you just want to add EFX like "whoosh" or "baw wa wow" then load some up in the sampler and drop them in where you like on the builds.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 10:01 pm
yeah my sets mostly contain stuff I've worked on in the studio. These are pre-mixed stuff done by me. I'm into remixing and production as a few DJs know, I like to have my own original stuff ;)

samples are really easy to do. If you don't have the time to record or cut your tracks down just load up a song on 1 deck and forward it to the spot you want to sample. Open your volume fader and let the sample you wanted play then close the fader off. This is the old method of sampling. Now we have samplers, and VDJ offers us the great advantage to use these on the fly using a keyboard shortcut.

Best of luck and keep producing some good mixes

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 11:12 pm
SOY DJ. EL GUATE ME GUSTARIA DAR A TODOS LOS MIENBROS DE VIRTUAL DJ. PARA VER LOS MEJORES Y LO PEORES MIXER Y REMIXER YO APENAS SOY UN NOVATO PERO E ECHO ALGUNOS MIXER BUENOS MEGUSTAIA QUE HUBIERA UN TORNEO POR INTERNET O QUE NOS DE UN CHANSE PARA PUBLICAR NUESTRO REMIX

ATENTAMENTE DJ. EL GUATE DE PRODUCCIONES AIRON MUSIC

Y SOLO TENGO 17 AÑOS

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 10:09 pm

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 12:06 am
hola atodos!
gracias por dejarme y permitirme conpartir esta pagina de internet con ustedes

geposted Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 10:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
koky_gato,

Este es un lugar donde se debe escribir en inglés. Si deseas hablar en español hazlo en el foro en español. No has leido el post anterior???

Si no cumples las normas del foro tu cuenta puede ser bloqueada o tus post borrados.

I told koky_gato to write in english or go to the spanish forum.

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 8:53 pm
kmg_123Home userMember since 2004
hola no hablo espaunol justo ingles ...

que etengas un buen dia

gratcies

geposted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 3:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)