Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DVD rip error

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I recently ripped some videos from a DVD, to vob format, using DVD Decrypter.

While they play fine in PowerDVD, I get an error when I try to load them in VDJ.

Other videos I've ripped with the same settings seem to play fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

geposted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 12:50 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Its the audio, vdj only support 16 bit pcm videos, not ac3 or dds videos at this time. Convert your audio to pcm to fix.

geposted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 4:44 am
uh - huh. And I assume there is an easy tool for batch converting these files?

I read everywhere "vdj supports vob, piece of cake". Now, after browsing the forums, its "supports vob, as long as they're 44.1 pcm files, which only promo only dvds are encoded in". I just downloaded and tried several conversion softwares and they all seem to suck. Enough time wasted on this today... maybe I'll try again later.

I hope the ac3-support gets fixed soon.

geposted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 6:51 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
sure there is, its called imtoo mpeg encoder about 2 minutes to fix. I've only seen this problem come from videos that are store bought (and encrypted) You are also wrong about who uses pcm audio

promo only
screen play
vms media
erg music

Remember only these services are licensed for "public display" Its it really worth the risk or hassle?

geposted Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 8:04 am
Nope, I could only get that software to output garbage that wouldn't play in VDJ either.

I finally managed to convert the audio one file at a time using MPEG-VCR.

Searching through the forums there are a fair number of threads about this -- it would be nice if the issue were added to a sticky somewhere so the next person won't drive himself nuts trying to figure out what's wrong.

What risk or hassle? You think spike jonez is going to come after me if I rip a music video from his DVD and play it at a house party? I don't think he cares as long as I bought the DVD in the first place.

geposted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 8:57 pm
my promo only disks ship with a sample rate of 48 KHz, not 44.1... I will try the Imtoo program. I like the MPEG-VCR, but like Smitty says, no true/easy batch.

geposted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)