Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unstable BPM while using TCV

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just recently got my TCV set up and working, and everything is almost splendid. The only problem im having is with instability in the bpm when using the Time Coded Vinyls. The BPM of every song will go up or down by between .1 to .4 throughout the duration of the time its playing (Say the song reads 120.5 bpm, it will flutter through the whole song up to 120.4, 120.3, 120.6 etc etc). As u can imagine this makes it almost impossible to sync and beatmatch. How do i rectify this problem? My set up is 2 Numark TTX\'S, Stanton 3.04 3 channel mixer, Laptop, Virtual Dj 3.2, and a Maya44 Usb soundcard. Thanks in advance

geposted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 6:37 pm
I have the same thing but beatmixing works my friend, just don't look at the bpm too much, just mix & see

geposted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 7:29 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
that is normal but the beatmatching should not be effected by it, because of the motor on the turntable all vinyl even "real" will vary like that, some TT better then others. If your tracks are not holding at all then i'd look in to the BPM's being correct and also variable bit rate encoded mp3's

geposted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 7:49 pm
DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
But if the song doesnt have a stable bpm, wont the songs drift away from each other after i play and sync them?

geposted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 7:52 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
no because it's not moving that much like 120.3, 120.4,120.5 then 120.5, 120.4, 120.3 so it moving back and forth. In theory.... both TT could vary the same amount at the same time causing the variable in the BPM to be in sync, but i believe that is a long shot. Kepping playing with it i think you'll see that it's not an issue, If it is try the suggestions and maybe get your TT tuned up. There was another thread about this.

geposted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 8:55 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i use TT-500s and my bpm varies but not as much as you say yours does. mine varies +/- 0.1 ether side of the real bpm. try matching 2 songs before you come on the forums complaining. if they dont stay together then come say about it. 0.1 of a percent is 1 in 1000 thats a tiny difference and on average both TTs will vary the same. TTXs should be better than TT-500s i would assume but i measure variance with the pitch display not the BPM so mabey yours IS better or the same. at the end of the day VDJs sync is only as good as the wow and flutter of your TT

geposted Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 3:18 am
actually Xeo the TTx and TT-500 have the same motor so I get the same variation as you do. However I get a nice fancy LCD screen that tells me the pitch % as well as all the features activated.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 8:26 pm
lol if you actualy use them for playing vinyl, do they realy have the same motor, i did hear this but didnt know? bcuase they quote different torque etc mine is 5.0Kg force but apparently TTX is 4.7 or somethign but do doubt higher quality, they do say that TT500 is the TTX without digital stuff, screen and a sideways pitch fader. lol my pitch fdader is so so dusty lol.............long live BPM matching. tryed the other day and it took me ages to match songs by ear now lol. i have realy realy lost the ability to concentrate on 2 songs at once and see what is faster by ear, it sucks lol. its like the blind have a realy accute sence of hearing cause tehy cant see but if they could see they wouldnt hear so well lol.

geposted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 2:11 am
yeah same motor as the TT-500. I know about the torque difference although both are identical as far as torque (5.0kg for startup, constant 4.7kg).

the BPM scan on the TTX isn't always accurate so I just leave it at pitch percentage which helps a lot. Other then that it shows if your quartz lock is on, key lock (time stretch for those who don't know what it is) direction of the platter, rpm. Its a nice TT for sure although I'm sure the 500s are just as nice ;)

Yeah VDJ does that for ya though (bpm matching) I was losing it a bit after using VDJ and TCVs for so long but I keep practicing both just to keep it up.

geposted Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 4:53 pm
lol i meant 'but no doubt higher quality' not 'do doubt higher quality'

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 2:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)