Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Computer Specs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Everyone

I have a question in regards to the video in vdj. what is the best spec for a computer to run the video portion of the software nice and smoothly. with out any stuttering or freezing.

geposted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 10:50 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The best specs would be:

Processor: Pentium 4, 3Ghz or equivalent in AMD configuration.
RAM: at least 1Gbyte
Video Card: 128 MB or 256MB non-shared memory Video Card, with at least an S-Video Output and the possibility to use double screen output, one for VDJ, and one for the video on another screen.

geposted Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 11:26 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

geposted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 6:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
definatley 1 gig of ram at least , 2 even better!

geposted Sat 06 May 06 @ 1:50 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i tryed with 4GB of ram, but i didn't notice the difference when i was using 2GB. just for info...

geposted Sat 06 May 06 @ 10:46 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
when vista comes out and can support 8 gig + things are going to get better and better:)

geposted Sun 07 May 06 @ 11:06 pm
i think that if VDJ will be for mac i won't use vista ;)

geposted Mon 08 May 06 @ 1:11 pm
Besides having a good cpu and 1-2 GB of memory, the best insurance for smooth video is a fast hard drive. If the hard drive can't deliver the content fast enough, the video will suffer. I use a 4 disk RAID-0 and have not had any issues.

geposted Thu 11 May 06 @ 5:36 am
4 discs in raid0????? actually you don't need such a speed :D and what if 1 disc failed? you will lose all data.
At home in desktop pc i have 4 discs of 300GB, 2 of them are in raid 0, 2 are in raid 1

geposted Thu 11 May 06 @ 9:57 am
I drop in the backup RAID should a failure occur. The drive that I use are RAID edition, which are designed for high vibration environments.

geposted Fri 12 May 06 @ 6:10 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I think it will be better to use RAID 0+1 with 4 Hard disks... you have high bandwitht and speed and also a mirroring arrange.

geposted Fri 19 May 06 @ 8:23 am
MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a Raid 0 set up with a backup drive, ad a store drive.

I agree with acw, when i get chance, ill get 2 more and raid 1 them, so i have fault tolerence as well as speed.

geposted Fri 19 May 06 @ 11:18 am
Everyone has an opinion of how to best setup their computer. There is no difference between my RAID 0 setup and someone using a laptop with a single hard drive. The only major difference is speed and the reliability of the RAID edition hard drives that I use and the hot swapping capability of my drives. I have backups for both the operating system and my music.

geposted Tue 23 May 06 @ 4:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)