Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC 3 Help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

My question is > I am using the DVinyl 2020 and i like it because i can use my mixer to fade and all the good stuff it provides. I went and brought a DAC 3 and plugged it into the usb port and as i was setting it up and messing around with it i noticed that since i only have one sound card i can not use my mixer to fade between player a and player b. I would like to use the dac 3 and my mixer so i am trying to find out what is the best way for me to set up my dac 3 so i can crossfade with out hearing both sides at the same time. What is recommended for me to do so. right now my pc is connected into the line in channel 1 of my mixer and that is where both sides are heard. I would like to use it as it was with 2 turntables and a mixer with out the vinyl. CAn someone please help me out. Oh and is there a skin being prepared for the dac 3 on virtual dj v3.2. Thank You

geposted Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 8:12 am
You will need a soundcard that provides two stereo outputs. ASIO isn't too important if you will not be using timecode vinyls or CD's. The Maya 44 USB (2x stereo out, 2x stereo in, ASIO) is a popular choice. One of the advantages of the D-Vinyl (I owned one for a while) is that it has a decent built-in ASIO soundcard with stereo outputs for both sides for plugging into an external mixer. The DAC-3 is a controller only and has no soundcard built-in.

If you haven't already tried it, you might like to download and try my DAC-3 mapper (Download -> Plugins -> Sound Effects)

I'm not currently aware of a DAC-3 skin being made, but I don't think one's really neccessary. With an external controller, you don't really need a visual representation of it on screen. I recommend the Apopsis timecode skins for use with an external controller like the DAC-3 or D-Vinyl.

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 2:28 am
If you have ONE stereo out ONLY, you can still use this for the two decks.

I don't know what mixer you have, but on my mixer, if I plug only one cable into the left channel, it is seen as a mono mix and it will combine it to the both channels. In theory, if your mixer doesn't support his, you could get a y adapter to plug into both channels.

As far as how VDJ does this, just select the fifth option down where it has a "Stereo Splitter" and put one channel to your left, and one channel to your right.

This will allow you to mix from VDJ or your mixer. If you use the AUTO mix or move the slider one side or the other, only that audio will be sent to you mixer. What I do is I set the slider in the middle. I can then "CUE" the channel that I want to mix or preview before play while the other one is playing.

This is all basic mixer stuff. If you need any additional help, let me know. If I don't respond, I'm sure 1/2 a dozen other people will.

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 6:14 am
I do appreciate you guys assistance. What i am trying to do is hook both the DVinyl and DAC-3 so i can use either or while playing music. I really want to use the DAC-3 but i cant let go of the vinyls so i am trying to set it up so i can use dvinyl for about an hour and then switch to the dac 3 with out losing the music that is playing. i am using a behringer pro DX 500 mixer which i had for quite some time and i will upgrade to atleast a 6-7 channel mixer. Hopefully i can use both of the controllers and random times with out having to disconnect and reconnect and rca cables. the rason why i asked for a dac3 skin and a dvinyl skin is to make the vritual dj software display the nice features of the controllers on the monitor, like the Numark CDN-88 skin and the denon white skin. I do think that a skin with the dac 3 would look real cool on virtual dj and so would the dvinyl skin too. If you know anyone with skins like those 2 controllers i would really appreciate it alot. I do thank you both once again.

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 7:47 pm
You should be able to use both D-Vinyl and DAC-3 simultaneously - I've used D-Vinyl and XP10's together without any problems before switching to VDJ timecode vinyls+XP10's and now TCV+DAC-3.

Simply keep your setup as it is and add the DAC-3 (Enable in config.) Use the selector switch on the D-Vinyl to activate/deactivate the vinyl control. VDJ wll use the D-Vinyl audio outputs for each deck, so you will not need another soundcard. You should be able to use either the DAC-3 or D-Vinyl (Or a combination of the two) to control play/pause, loops, etc.

Alternatively, having both the DAC-3 and D-Vinyl will take up quite a bit of space (2x 3u), so you might be better off selling the D-Vinyl (Or keep it as a spare) and switching to using VDJ timecode vinyls instead (With a suitable ASIO soundcard such as Maya 44 USB.) DAC-3 and VDJ timecode vinyls work great together and you can easily switch between the two (My mapper allows direct access to timecode_active to switch the vinyl control on/off, or you could use them in relative mode (Similar to how D-Vinyl works with no needle drop.))

I've not currently aware of any skins for the DAC-3 or D-Vinyl yet, but if you request this in the Skins forum, somebody might be able to make one.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:52 am
I really do appreciate all your help. I just ordered the Maya 44 usb and hopefully be getting it soon. I will try it out and let you guys know how it worked out. What typed of plug is recommended i know i need one end with RCA but on the other end do i need the stereo type or mono? Or post the link of a recommened plug that i can see before i go to radio shack and buy the wrong one.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 2:21 am
The Maya 44 has 4x RCA out (2 stereo pairs) and 4x RCA in. You will need a couple of stereo RCA leads to connect outputs 1+2 (Deck A) and 3+4 (Deck B) to two line inputs on your mixer.

If you will be using VDJ timecode vinyls, you will need a further pair of stereo RCA leads of suitable length to hook up your turntables to inputs 1+2 and 3+4.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 3:09 am
I recieved the Maya 44 usb about 3 weeks ago and so far it works great with the DAC-3 and DVinyl. I appreciate the info on Maya 44. I have been using it since then and had no problems with it. I also have been trying to get skins for both DAC3 and Dvinyl and had no success getting them but besides that i thank you for assisting me on getting my set up with the DAC-3, Dvinyl and Maya 44. Thanks again jpboggis and pcgumshoe for your help...

geposted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 8:21 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Nu Sounds,

I'm glad to kown your setup is working. Thanks to jpboggis and PCGumshoe for assist you, this is a great community.

Enjoy!

geposted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 8:35 pm
A DAC-3 skin is currently being worked on by Muzza.

In the meantime, I recommend using the Apopsis timecode skins - These work great with external controllers and give you plenty of file browsing space (No need for on-screen buttons, knobs, sliders, etc. when you have an external controller (DAC-3/D-Vinyl) and mixer.)

geposted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)