Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Keys for JUST Video Crossfader

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

That's right.. I'm looking to see if I can assign keys to ONLY the video crossfader. I'll be doing my audio mixing with the physical crossfader on my Denon X1500. I just need the keys so I can fade the video over to the other deck as well. How do you guys with physical mixers sync the video with your hand 'fading' movements?

Woody

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 3:51 am
There are supposed to be keyboard shortcuts you can do this with. I tried. I failed. Hopefully someone will help us both out.

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 8:05 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Normally the shortcut for audio fade is page up/down.
With my mini keyboard those keys fall right under my right thumb as my hand rests on the track ball.

I re assigned those keys to fade the video by itself and with the program audio fader in the middle I can fade the audio on my mixer, it works pretty slick.
In 10 minutes it felt quite natural and smooth.

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 11:30 am
in keyboard shortcuts:

video >> video_crossfade >> value + 128 >> asign to a free key (for moving it right)

then same as above, but vaule -128 >>asign to a free key (for moving left)

And you can also asign it to a midi controller if you like :)

easy as that ;)

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:38 pm
Thanks Norway. I am going to try this.

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 6:17 pm
Worked like a champ norway. Now if accelerated video only worked. The DVD rips still look grainy and overall not very good.

geposted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 9:22 pm
Thanks DJ in Norway. I never used the keyboard shortcuts, and was too afraid to think about changing anything. I read this post, and got up enough nerve to try, because I wanted this video feature. I put it on the left and right keys, but noticed that the audio was also changing. I went back to the menu and found that those keys were assigned to nudge the audio. Since I don't use those, I deleted them, and the video crossfade works like a charm. I also assigned the up and down to pitch bend. I have to admit that once you get into this, it is pretty straight forward. This is due to the dev team. They knew that there would be guys like me, that are a little slow when it comes to computers. I used to use my mouse to fade the video, and became very proficient, changing the transitions, moving the fader back and forth during the mix. I actually like the way I did this, even though it was a lot of work. But it looked better then just fading in and out, with only one transition. I also use a real mixer, a Rane 1620 in the club, and Rane MP 24 in my mobile rig.

geposted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 10:54 am
Awesome! Glad you guys responded so quickly. I didn't realize that the numbers corresponded to the keys on the board. I'll get this set up and working in no time!

Thanks again,

DJ.Woody

geposted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 4:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)