Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio Problem after 15 minutes of use

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Ok here is my problem, everything works great for about 15 minutes. Than all of a sudden in VDJ, I see the waveform skip, and my audio output gets garbled (really no other way to explain it). I know its not a problem with my sound card (e-mu 1616m) or laptop (sony p4 2.8ghz 512mb ram, 2 hard drives (1-OS 1-music). When VDJ starts producing the garbled sound, I pause it and open up Traktor DJ studio 3 and play music (no problems), than I go back to VDJ un pause deck and still problems.
I usally have to shutdown VDJ and restart it before it works correctly. This i a major problem because Icant have this happening while playing a gig.
I have looke t perfmon when this happens, hower cpu usage is low.

So anysuggestions? I love the software, but cant have these problems.

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 3:16 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i had a similar problem when using TCV so I'm not sure if this will help but you can try it . Does that soundcard have or use ASIO drivers? try adjusting the buffer if you can, in my case the buffer was set too high on my soundcard causing the same issue, when it would garble sound if i minimize and then maximize VDJ the sound would usually clear back to normal. So if thats an option lower the buffer, also you might want to check the virtual memory settings in XP

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 3:31 pm
listen2> Yes is has asio drivers I am assuming because that is what the 1616m uses. What buffers are you talking about? Where are they located? My virtual memory settings is done by the OS (Operating System) XP Pro makes the changes when needed.
Like I mentioned tho, this problem is only when using virtual DJ. I can use DJ Studio 3 and other apps just fine.

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 6:47 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i couldnt say for sure where yours are located, i'm using ASIO4ALL, when i open it in the soundcard setting, the driver has a buffer slider. It sound like the same problem but i'm am not familar with your card, maybe someone else can point you in the right direction. Do you have ASIO option menu somewhere?

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 8:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

When you open VDJ ->Config .->SoundCards->Low Latency TCVs->ASIO Config

In there select 4ms or 7ms to TCVs ok?

Good luck!

geposted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 1:22 am
OK, I think I figured out the problem. Believe it or not my 1616m was going bad, ( and havent had if or a month yet). I ended up loosing sound going out from l2 & R2. I moved the cables ofver to L3 % r3 and remapped my DSPmix and works fine.
So trying to contact emu and see how long its going to take to get this fixed.

Thanks

geposted Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 2:47 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)