Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: just stopped

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

so i had trouble gettting the program to start now its just stopped working for no reason at all.
it seems to crash just before a gig.
can you help

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 9:12 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you explain exactly what is happening before this occurs we will be able to help.

What system are you using? Are you using any effects at the time? Are you playing tracks at the crash time?

P

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 12:29 pm
I'm using my 3 month old Alienware Area-51 7700.
2 gig of ram
256 pci express video

its a top of tthe line laptop which i got special
my knowledge of computers is everything but programming.
So its not a hardware issue.......when i bought the program it took me 1 week to get it working i tried everything from re-installing the program with no other programs running (ms config - uncheck blah blah blah) to get it working i eventually re-formatted the hard drive ( which shouldn't be necessery) but after all the mess ( and loosing 10 % of my vids) got it going. Excellent program, did our premier show at the club and it was incredible.
So last night we had the promoters of Frostbite (probably the largest festival event in the yukon) over for dinner and to make a contract for vj'ing at a number of occasions throughout the 2 week festival.
Wat happens, I open the program for one of the guys, load the video hey boy hey girl,press play just to show the video, clicked on the scratch wheelpulled it back once or twice to get the guys attention (he'd never seen a video scratched with) then we get called for dinner. My fiancee had prepared an amazing array of chillian culinary delights. So we eat talk and be merry the conversation turns to vj'ing. After 20 mins i say let me show you wat i meen and got to my office to show off a bit.
the program is on the screen, the secondary monitor is grey and no activity at all. I close the program through the top x ( so that part of the program worked) and then click on start< virtual dj ........... windows error messaging.belive me i was very embarressed. re-start my computer .....nothing, un-install and re-install virtual dj.................nothing
so now i'm stuck and worried that we might end up missing another show because of software issues ( we had to miss the first one because it wouldn't work)

Please can you help the show is on monday and i'm stuck.

London Boy And Janatop-top-top

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 5:54 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,
embarassing situation....you do have a good machine, it looks like soft problem, perhaps any plugin or soft installed recently...
why dont you try using recovery system from windows xp option from a past configuration?

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 3:43 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hope you recover it...
...even VDJ is a very good program, and you have real powerfull machine, you know, computers are not stable things (windows sometimes sucks and not all the problems depend on CPU and lots of RAM) So If you go playing arround, take with you some CD's or vynils (I allways do), they do not fail. Don't be so risky.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 3:53 am
so far after a couple of minor adjustments i finally got it (touch wood) to become stable. i put it down to a copy of a music editing program that has a dodgy serial number. Even though there is no cracking software on this computer. anyway we will see how it goes. My lady says that if it crashes during a show we should get our money back and pay the extra for something more reliable.............I think i have to agree considering i've had to re-format 4 times which should never be nessecery when installing any program let alone one that you pay for.
dispite the set backs the shows are going good really good reports comsidering we are on a monday night in a place thats not very liverly at the best of times but its all about time in frount of a crowd.

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:11 am
ok so the latest gig

20 mins into playing really cheesy hip hop vids the automatic beat-match started to fail, ok and get this.........at approximitly 12 o'clock during probably the best attendance that we have had todate, the volume decides to randomly change without warning, deafening half the crowd and even upset the bar staff because it was so shocking. The program then decided to do this randomly thoughout the night. I had to then spend the night the other side of the stage with my hands on the inhouse mixer waiting for these volume changes and correcting then. I wrote down the times to see if it was a pattern but it wasn't....it was a supprise not only to me but everyone in the hotel, between 5 - 15 mins the volume would doulble and then 5 -15 mins the volume would decrease to half making a very unusually streessfull night.

anyboby got any answers or does anyone know of a program that is alittle more stable.

We've had one successful night out of 6?

geposted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 7:54 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You are giving a little information here! Write down everything, what sound card are you using, drivers, version of VDJ, Windows (is it SP2 or not?) etc. The guys here will help you, but to be able to do that you have to give all the info. It looks to me that you leave "AutoGain" option on, and it is buggy in 3.3 version! Also, turn off "Limiter" and "Timestretch" options and try that to see how it works. Your problem is a big one, and should be resolved as soon as possible!
I hope you will sort it out.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 11:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)