Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping Problems - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi All,

I have searched these forums for a solution to this and have tried nearly all sugestions but i still have a skipping problem

I have a problem with my VDJ skipping mid track, not repeating but instead jumping forward a split second, the thing that i cant understand is that it does it on both decks symultaniously, i.e. if i'm in the middle of a mix, both deck will jump forward approx 2-3 beats at exactly the same time, and the decks are still in sync after the jump,

Any help with this would be apriciated

FYI my system specs are

Intel Pentium 4 640 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.2GHz (800FSB)
2 GB GeIL DDR2 PC5300 667 Dual channel
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe Motherboard
Thermaltake water cooling system

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 1:11 pm
Man. I've been there and it's a pain in the ass! Most usually it is a IRQ conflict issue. Being your not using a laptop, try switching your video card around to another slot if you can.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 6:05 pm
Hi vantinedj,

I thought that myself but the graphics card is PCI Express and the board only has one slot for it, it's really starting to become annoying now as everything i try to solve it is having no effect at all,
Am still open to any other sugestions though ???

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 10:24 pm
By any chance, are you using the kill switches during this mix? Or do you have a modem, with telephone line hooked up?

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 10:29 pm
also have the same problem. but in the field 'reactivity' I only can choose between slow, medium or fast.Howcan i put a number in there?
I tried everything what they say in the forum 'skipping solutions' but he problem is still there.
(excuse me for my bad english)

geposted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 11:58 pm
Sorry to dig up an old thread,

I have since re-installed the pc thinking that it was possibly conflicting with some other software that i may have installed, i am now running a complete fresh install with only antivirus software and VDJ installed and am still having this same problem, my thinking is now it has got to be hardware related, is anybody aware of any problems with VDJ using DDR2 memory at all ???

Any help would be apriciated as it's really driving me nuts now, i simply cannot use my software

Rergards

Ph4nt0m

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 3:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Set "max load" to "15 min" or "30 min" in the settings

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:10 pm
I can relate to your pain. I get skipping when im cueing my next song. As soon as i hit enter to select the song, the current song that's playing skips. I don't understand, this has been going since I've installed 3.3 I think 3.3 has major issues, if you search the forum you'll find many complaints. Hope the upgrade will be better. I've almost lost my faith in VDJ, nothing but problems since the beginning. I've had no luck with any of the suggestions. Besides this is the only program I've purchased where I have to change the entire pc in order to use the program & that's if you're lucky. Love the concept, but hasn't worked for me yet!!! I still must carry my cd collection to a gig

p4 2.8 ghz 512ram gateway notebook

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 6:09 pm
don't mix all the problems. Your problem of skipping is not the same as the problem of crash with vdj 3.3
If it skips with 3.3 it should skip with other versions whereas the 'hard crashes' only appears with VDJ v3.3

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 6:17 pm
Dj cel what are u talking about? This is a skipping post not crashes. How can u say only hard crashes appear with 3.3? I didn't get skipping with the previous version of vdj. Read all of the post of my problem ( I'm not the only one) before you comment next time, especially if you can't offer any positive help!!

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:33 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
easy man, why dont you give us some more pc specs, soundcard(s) and option settings in VDJ to see what your working with... what hardware are you using? pc's are not so simply when things conflict, you have to break things down to each part and driver involved....not a simple task
i would right off the bat recommend you get some more RAM, least another 512 if not not more

i dont think anyone here is not trying to help.

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:52 pm
Anyway, Back to the problem at hand,

Have now tried this with every setting right the way down to Max Load = None, and still getting the same problem, i'm really at my wits end here, i'm just about to un-install and install an older version of VDJ to see wether this is a version specific problem, if it isnt, i'm really at a loss, any more sugestions would be apriciated

ph4nt0m

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 10:22 pm
@djallstyle
"especially if you can't offer any positive help"

I appreciate your commentary as it's really respectful for people who help you. Just like that, i help around 30 people a day in different languages (I'm French). Maybe my answer wasn't really well in your case but it's not a reason.

I really know this problem of skipping thanks to my experiencies on this forum and 90% of the time it is a hardware problem, a bad config of your computer or a bad song.

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 12:08 am
@ djcell Im not upset with you, I'm looking for a solution to my problem. I've spent a lot of money & countless hours trying to get with this program. I'm not a computer expert, but not a novice either . I just want to be able to use what I purchased. I will purchase more ram this weekend & I will get back to the forum. Thanks!

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 6:45 am
Did you guys have this problem with 3.2?

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 9:00 am
Before buying new stuff maybe useless, try to identify the root of the problem. Control everything which can slow down the transfert of data: main memory, virtual memory, cache memory, bad usb transfert, bad drivers, usb transfert too used, defectuous memory, defectuous hard disc, not defragmented hard disc, defectuous CD-ROM, hard disc which becomes too hot so bad transfert, processor not enough cold, bad settings of energy in the computer (it can be that as you have a notebook)
/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(bad settings of memory in vdj => "max load" as i said i advise you 10-15 min)
(bad settings of processor in vdj => "reactivity" : i advise "fast" to get more updates of the skin so a better waveform but if you can't choose medium or less)

Disable the master tempo which is the major point to skip VDJ

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 11:21 am
I have now un-installed V3.3 and re-installed V3.2 and am still getting exactly the same problem, ????

Just to clarify this problem, i can't see how it can be memory or system related anymore because this skip happens even when the system is not under any load, i can load 1 track into deck A, wait for it to fully load into memory and press play, then even without loading any tracks into deck B or without using any functions at all, the track on deck A will skip forward approx 4 beats, i've tried all sugestions so far, even tried using the default skid to make sure it was nothing to do with the skin i was using, the only thing i can see that could possibly differ from any standard installation is that my machine runs DDR2 memory, this is really becoming a problem now as i just cannot use the software that i have payed for,

To add to this, the last machine that i had Virtual DJ installed on before my upgrade was a AMD 3200XP with 512 meg DDR memory and that system ran this software without any faults at all ???

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 6:20 pm
Does it skip with the pre-listen monitor? = "listen" in the context menu on a song or press "ctrl+enter"

as there is no treatment with this way contrary to the deck

Another idea, some antivirus makes VDJ skip

Which sound card do you use? USB or not? Are you sure to use a sample rate of 44 100Hz in 16bits?

Which type of file? WMA, mp3? quality of the file? DRM or not?

Give us all the data that you can

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 7:56 pm
Does it skip with the pre-listen monitor? = "listen" in the context menu on a song or press "ctrl+enter"

Pre-Listen monitor has no skips at all, plays a complete track all the way through, all the files i use are mp3, ripped from original vinyl that i own so all bitrates are 192kbps, the whole point behind me buying this software was so that i dont have to carry 6-8 vinyl boxes to gigs,

Another idea, some antivirus makes VDJ skip

I use norton antivirus 2005, the machine that i use is also the one that i use for internet use so theres no chance of me ever removing Norton from here

Which sound card do you use? USB or not? Are you sure to use a sample rate of 44 100Hz in 16bits?

I have an on-board 7.1 soundcard for the main output and a creative soundblaster 5.1 PCI as a secondry sound card for monitoring,

System specs as stated before are quite high, i just cant see why it woyld be doing what it's doing ?

Your help is much apriciated

geposted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 9:10 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
try disabling the 7.1 card and run VDJ only off the creative 5.1 and then only the 7.1. The creative you added? try putting it a different slot. Disable norton while VDJ is in use. also try the 2 card setup in the options, see if both cards have the same issue, since your only using one really now. the sound drivers up to date? mayeb try deleting a soundcard from xp and reboot have it build it back, might not sound like much but until its solved you have to keep trying things.

geposted Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 4:48 am
61%