Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Acapella Mixes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can someone help me? im alllwaysss trying to make acapella mixes, with the acapella of one song to the instrumental of the other one but when i hit beatlock, it f***s up the song and the Sync button doesnt do s***(excuse my language), does anyone have any suggestions ? on how to make perfect sounding mixes? and i mostly mix rap

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 1:16 am
well...sorry to say this but the main reason why your songs don't stay on beat is because many singers (mostly today then in the past) can't sing for s***. they don't sing on beat so in order for the recording studio to produce a perfect mix of the 2 songs is they cut up the accapella into multiple samples and then just lay them over top of the beat. You can always try cutting up the accapella into different wave files then you can try sampling each pella to create your own remix on the fly. Many DJs/Artists do this...ex: Fatboy slim

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 5:16 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
how do you cut it up into samples?

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 4:08 am
load the song up in a wave editor program like wavelab.

select partions of the song and paste them into a new wave montage.

save the new wave montage as say chorus 1.wav

do the same for the rest of the song and save them into different files.

Now you will only need to load them up into VDJ's samples seperately.

from that point you can either remix, or do a live mix of the pella and instrumental without getting too much fluctuations in the tempo.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 9:48 am
no ingles quien me traduce

geposted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 8:47 pm
[Spanish Translation] - Traducción (más o menos)

> Carga la cancion en un editor de audio como "wavelab"

> Selecciona las partes de la canción y copialas para pegar en otro montaje nuevo.

> Guarda la nueva estructura como "chorus 1.wav", o el nombre que quieras.

> Lo mismo para el resto de la canción y guardandolo en diversos archivos.

> Ahora solo hace falta cargarlos como Samples de VDJ's en slots separados.

> A partir de entonces puedes: remezclar, o mezclar en directo las partes de voz con las instrumentales sin tener mucho problemas con el tempo.

- - -

Por cierto, mejor compra una version FULL y pasate por el Spanish Forum para soporte en castellano.

geposted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 11:22 pm
Also, how do u mix your song with the instrumental of the cued up song? like im playing for example, Nelly- Ride with me, and i cued up Nelly Hot In Herre, how do i beatmatch Deck A's song to Deck B's instrumental for about a minute? and dont say loops cause loops are gay and they dont always work

geposted Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 4:21 am
either cut up your accapella into different sections and sample the song at the proper bpm. OR pitch up or down until both songs are at the exact speed and you can mix them both.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 3:38 pm
that's good advice, but im still a little confused lol srry im a slow learner lol like i know what your saying, and i want to put maybe like 16 seconds of the instrumental at the start of the song so i can beatmatch it properly and if i use wavelab how can i do that? is there a way?

geposted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 6:54 pm
What I have done is . . .

Acid Pro with Sound Forge.
Time Streach the wav files
and made up all the samples.

The programs are some what expensive but fun!

geposted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 2:12 am
TotyoHome userMember since 2006
For music producing dont use VDJ!

you can make a better mix if you use FL studio, cubase...

geposted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 9:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)