Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: external mixer using just the program

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
is it possible to just use a laptop, an external mixer, and the Virtual D program. In essence, can i use just an external mixer and the virtual Decks on the virtual dj program without using a controller, TT, or cd decks. If so, how would I set this up?

geposted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 7:29 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes you can just use the program, however there would be a lot of computer mouse work, I myself bought a "package" deal that came with a small DJ Console controller, the MK2. It also serves as a soundcard, since the one in my Dell Laptop is not that good. But yes you can control the Pro Version only, with a laptop and of course your mouse.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 12:54 pm
I only answered part of your question, sorry.....The set up, I believe would consist of this

-USB to soundcard
-RCA from soundcard to MIXER

depending on the soundcard there is a number of wiring condigurations, and lots of discussion here at VDJ, a very popular set up is using the MAYA44 USB soundcard, I read a lot of stuff here about that.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 1:00 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you can and many do. You'll want to get into shortcuts so you can manipulate VDJ easier with the keyboard more then the mouse.

The soundcard out will go to your mixer and then mixer out to your amp. You put the vdj crossfader in the middle and then you're all set.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 7:41 pm
Thanks....good info for myself as well, since Im a beginner, thanks!!

geposted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 9:26 pm
and when youwant to use your pc speakers?
from your mixer to your pc?

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 2:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)