Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Questions about the DAC3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i have been using the Hercules DJC and want something a little more professional. I wanted to ask anyone who has the DAC3 how do you like it and what are some of the advantages and problems to watch out for. What kind of problems you came across with trying to make it work with VDJ.

Thank you.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:17 am
I've owned a DAC-3 since when they were released last year and it's a great controller. You shouldn't have any problems with it.

The only problems I have had were when there was no native support in VDJ and MIDI had to be used (MIDI driver needed customising and a MIDI map created.) You will not have these problems because the DAC-3 is now fully supported by VDJ (Just plug it in and enable it in the remote control options) It's functionality is considerably improved with my mapper, which can be downloaded via Download -> Plugins -> Sound Effects

The DAC-3 is best used in a rackmount system (E.g: Flightcase with external mixer), but you can also use it as a stand-alone device. It has no soundcard, faders or EQ's, so you will need both a suitable soundcard (2 stereo outputs) and an external mixer (Or you could use your Hercules in conjunction with it to act as the soundcard/mixer.)

In use, the DAC-3 is similar to using a dual-CD player. The LCD's are an advantage over the hercules because you can see info such as time remaining, pitch/BPM, etc. without needing to look at the laptop/PC screen.

There are plenty of buttons that can be used to trigger loops, set/goto cues, trigger FX, etc. In the future, you will be able to remap any of these when my v2.0 mapper is finished and released. All of the buttons are rubber with high-quality switches under them, which give a distinctive click when pressed.

The jogwheels are free-spinning, making it possible to do spinbacks, but are not touch-sensitive like XP10's. The pitch sliders allow accurate adjustment, especially when used at 8% pitch range.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:53 am
so youhave to put them in your mixer. but when you use also tcv what happens then?do you have to have a second soundcard?

geposted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 9:34 pm
Just like TCV, the DAC-3 is a controller for VDJ. You can use one or more controllers with VDJ quite easily. With the DAC-3 and TCV, it's simply a matter of using the timecode_active shortcut (SHIFT+R on the DAC-3) to enable or disable vinyl control. The decks are connected to the two inputs of my Maya 44 and the two outputs (VDJ decks A and B) are connected to two channels on my mixer.)

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 10:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)