Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM Counter

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Some of my songs, when scanned, have a rediculousy high BPM Number.....for example:
Akon - Locked Up reads 180BPM?? Is that correct, Im not sure how it gets calculated but it seems very high, and so do a lot of my other Hip Hop MP3'S.....can anyone help out with this

THANKS!

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 1:33 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
select BPM options and /2 (which will cut the # in half) which is what it probably is 90 BPM. Did you scan it with dance or any music when detecting the BPM? dance is a little faster but less accutare since most 4/4 music is easier to detect, any music does a better job, but take a little longer.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 2:17 pm
I changed my scanner to "Any Music"...Thanks!
Another question....the techno seems to mix perfectly, when I try and do dance or Hip Hop, the program has trouble with mixing the songs, plus when I hit "Auto Mix" the fader goes real fast over to the next song.....In addition, do I need to load my songs by closely maching the BPM? Its odvious a 120 BPM song will not mix well with a 90 BPM.....I guess it takes a lot of practice, and maybe some manual work.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 4:49 pm
yes the closer the better, if you want to go to 90 to 120 then use an effect or something make people know and hear the transition, otherwise it's shocking to the ears. there is a fader option as well to select how the fades will be....but you have an MK2, why not just do the fades yourself?

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 4:56 pm
Ideally the bpms should be within 3% of each other to get a flawless transition. that is at 100bpm you can go to 103 or down to 97bpm. but if you go to say 90 bpm the most you can vary by to sound good is 2.7 bpm either way. Outside of this it starts to sound awful but you can fade into the next track if it is outside of the 3% or use some sort of effect or jingle to cover the beat difference, and as listen2 said you have a mk2 so why bother with automix. The speed of the fader can be adjusted in config. hope this helps.

Nikki

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 5:06 pm
Well actually I have mp Laptop at work....yes Im hooked...LOL, and I dont need the MK2 with the Pro Version, I was just tring out all the functions and since I nevewr used the auto mix I figured I would give it a try.....An effect, hey I never thought of that, sweet!! Waitng for my DAC3 to come, then I can bring that to work as well....LOL!!

Since I have an experienced user on the other end, I posted a topic about an external soundcard, I have the MK2, but is there somthing far more better sounding and quality than that, since I will most likely be getting a mixer as well...THANKS!

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 5:07 pm
I wish I could bring all my stuff to work lol
I don't have a Mk2 so don't know about the sound quality. Any good usb sound card such as creative audigy platinum or the u46dj will do especially as you are probaly getting a mixer. I personally use an audio extreme internal pci card and it is really good. Not very expensive but the sound quality is good and the basss is banging especially on some of the dub tracks that i have.

Nikki

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 6:02 pm
This qusetion may not be topic related but here goes.......I like some House/Progressive, techno & dance songs...But most of the songs have "slow" parts where the beat drops right off, some are loinger than others.......what do I do during these parts of the song, is there some kind of "filler" that I can mix in to keep the beat going?? Is this a wierd question?

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 6:28 pm
get yourself a drink....those parts are not dance points....they are chillout sections so dancers from all that bumpin and flying don't have to be picked up off the floor. What you can do is make a cue point at the no beat part and cue back to it and loop it up then drop a new track that has more beat and drop the mids on it maybe, you'll have to play with it , tah dah a remix.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 6:33 pm
Hahaha.....Good advice, I forget that the bar or club makes money on Drinks, not dancing!

geposted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 6:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)