Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon with TCCD

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

There is still a major problem with any Denon CD deck and VirtualDJ Time Coded CD's (TCCD)

"The problem is that I cannot properly set my cue points. I have tried manually doing it with the mouse and using the Dennon jog wheel to set the cue point like I used to do when I was mixing with regular CD's. I can set the point either way but when I press play to begin mixing the song goes right to the beginning and starts from there completely ignoring the cue point that I have set. Also when I am playing a song using the TCCD and I press cue the song does not go back to the cue point but it just pauses.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41485/Hardware_Technical_Support/TCCD_Cue_Points.html?highlight=denon%20tccd
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/12293/Hardware_Technical_Support/Bug_with_TCCD_and_CD_deck.html?highlight=denon%20tccd

--> I understand that it is a problem in the way Denon ramps up the audio at the beginning of a track (supposedly, pioneer does not do this) and that is why some DJ programs can not get the cue point right

--> I am certain that this is POSSIBLE because Serato Scratch Live (SSL) has solved the problem in software without changing the time code CD

--> Can a new time code for denon decks be made or can it be addressed in the way VDJ reads the signal?

--> Should I sell my Denons S1000's and get two cheap pioneer decks?

Thank you for your time and a great product!
WirelessDJ

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 4:17 pm

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 8:43 pm
do you think they will fix it in version 4?

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 9:47 pm
From apopsis post I think it is improved. I asked to help beta testing, but Im not allowed :-(

I figured out a workaround:
- Set the cue point on the location you like
- Set the player in scratch mode.
- Hold the platter and press play.
- Release the platter and VDJ will play from the cue point correctly.

If version 4 is released we have to test to figure out if it is ok.
Like dj-in-norway normally sais: Just wait and see.
Ewout.

ps is dj-in-norway on holiday? No post from him last weeks

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 10:07 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know this is an older post, but wanted to add my 2 cents....I just purchased the Denon 3500's and I cant get the TCCD to work properly, I asked techinical support and they have not answered me yet, just thought I would let anyone know in case they are looking to get a pair of the decks....other than that they are fantastic!!

geposted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 4:13 pm
its fixed now ;)

Virtual DJ 4 (soon to be released) has a LOT of improvements regarding use of timecode ;)

@Superstom:
Not been on holidays Superstom ;) lol....hehe... Just had a few busy months at new job:) A bit hectic ... but now I'm "back", and more time for forum ;)

geposted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 6:48 pm
hi everybody...

at new specs for v3.4 it says: "Cue an loop from cd"

actually I cannot work with this specs, support team say me that it's possible and they refer me to an apopsis link(in general forum) (he has an unofficial trick, but it doesn't work for me)..

I think it's not normal procedure refer to an unoficial trick when it's the first new spec for the v3.4...very strange...it works or not? manual say nothing about this and tccv manual is not updated..

some people say to me that it works fine, but no one explaind me how...

with "standard config" cue options and hot start do a pause for me.
If someone knows how to setup he cd player please let me know!!!!!

geposted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Cues and loops are different things.
But you can do both, cues from cd with smart cue and loop if your cd player has this feature (or from software)
I answered you in the other post for smart cue.

geposted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)