Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke Crashing Problem... BPM engine? Test?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Okay,

I've got a couple posts here in the bug area (sorry if they are taxing).

The biggest problem that I have to deal with (and there are small ones too) is that some zipped files will CRASH VDJ without warning. In one post, someone asked me to check and see if this would happen on one of my other computers that I have VDJ installed on. I checked it and no problem on the other computer.

I initially reported that I thought it was a sound card issue and tried that approach. I later read BUGPUSS's blog (on another subject) and got to thinking based on something he said, TO QUOTE BUGPUSS, "You have 2 detection engines. one is for all music (complex) and one is for house/techno (4/4) music."

So, in messing with the settings, I decided to change a couple settings... well, a couple files started to play that would NORMALLY crash my system... then I tried to recreate to crash, and I couldn't... then I realized that ONCE an audio file has been analyzed, VDJ should remember it. So I went to recreate with various files that I knew crashed it.

Ultimately, I wore it down to ONE setting in particular, the BPM engine used when playing karaoke tracks (Doesn't matter if it is Zipped or not...) The problem exsists in the Audio Track and VDJ is attempting to analyze it, gets confused, or something and just crashes...

I'd like to confirm this finding with one or two people. I've got a file that is 4.7 mb and another file that is 5.3 mb. What I would propose is to send the file via email you can email me a request at my forum name @gmail.com and I will send the files to a couple people.

To Test:
Open VDJ and go to Fame Settings
Change BPM Engine to "Any Music" Click Ok, close VDJ
Re-Open VDJ and check that your BPM Engine is set to "Any Music" if so, click Ok, if it isn't, that's not for this topic
Next, find the file you downloaded via my email to you (Unless someone can recommend where I can post it for others to download)
Drag that file from wherever it is, onto one of the decks
You VDJ should CRASH... No warnings

If you made it this far and everything has happened as above, now let's check to see if the BPM Engine is the culprit
Re-Open VDJ and go to FAME Settings
Change the BPM engine to techno/house
Click OK
Close VDJ
Re-Open VDJ and confirm that BPM Engine is Techno/house
If so, find the same file and that you tried to load but that crashed your system, now load it
Did it load? If so, I'd say that (barring any other setting that's important here) this BPM engine is the culprit.

It should be noted that ONCE you have played this song once and then closed your VDJ without crashing, you can change your BPM engine BACK to Any Music.

Well, I now wait for someone to ask me for the files (Best to send two that I know won't work, right?) and see what happens.

I'm thinking there are a couple settings that need to be right for this, but not sure how many crashing files I have.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 7:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)