Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixer question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm starting off kinda slow, I just got a Numark tt200 and hercules mkII and a TCV recently and i'm working on getting my second TT and tcv.

My question is what is a good mixer for scratching and does it need to have an adjustable curve crossfader? I have watched the DJ Getdown video numerous times and i've tried to scratch the same 'ahh yeah' sample like he does but mine sounds completely different, i'm assuming because of the mixer he uses vs. me using the hercules as my mixer.

I have the crossfader in virtual dj set to 'scratch' under FAME settings but it seems like the cut in is too sharp. Does anyone has a suggestion on a good, inexpensive mixer i can get and does anyone know how dj getdown's crossfader curve might be set to? Thanks for any help.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 7:28 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you want an adjustable crossfader if you want to scratch. The rest really is all about budget. Two of the best battle mixers are the rane tt56 and pioneer 909. There are other really good ones from allen and heath, vestax,etc.. Judging by your turntable purchase you'll probably take a look at some of the numarks. The 1002 numark has some good features but the crossfader quality is what you pay for meaning it will probably start to crackle and bleed on you if you repeatedly practice scratching. The denon mixers are better quality, but also higher price.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 7:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)