Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The amazing vanishing vdj problem is back - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hey guys, over the weekend I did 2 gigs running video and vizualization. At both, around the 5 hour mark, I loaded up the next song, hit play, and vdj just vanishes. No recovery, no error message, jsut POOF. Not cool at all.

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 1:38 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had this 3 or 4 times at my last gig.
It doesn't crash, just vanishes off the screen when you load the next song, wouldn't bee so bad, but even the sound goes aswell :(

It then wouldn't load up when I got the laptop back home. So I uninstalled it, and re-installed the first release I have. That seems to be working OK, but when I try upgrading back to 3.3 it just crashes and won't even load up. Any suggestions. The only thing I can think of doing is formatting the hard drive and re-installing windows because it must have changed something in the registry which I don't know how to fix.

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 6:16 pm
It only seems to happen when I Run video. Anyone else seen this?

geposted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 3:06 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im testing it right now as we speak....so far tonight it crashed at the 3 hour mark, sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes never.......

Loading songs or anything, sometimes not even touching the computer it just vanishes from the screen, my whole screens turn black, or red and one time green, but the track is still playing....nothing I can do but hold my finger on the power button and start over........I have read endless debates over this problem on the forum here and heard everything from hard drive issues to RAM issues and everything in between......I do not run video, just audio...Im afraid to get into the video part if it starts to crash more........

Tonight I let it go in Automix mode and ran fine for 2.5 hours, then screen went black, I did EVERYTHING the forums said, went through the 26 steps someone posted to optimize Windows XP, still crashes

Very depressing when this happens, Im skeptical to do gigs with this program now...:(

geposted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 3:54 am
Can you please post a link to this 26 step optimisation.

TIA

geposted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 12:14 pm
Dont get me wrong, the gigs still went great (just had a brief pause) . Of course I'd prefer if it would not do that, because it's slightly irritating.

geposted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 3:20 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006

geposted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 5:18 pm
Yep, that worked, many thanks, did a search of the forum and that's why I couldn't find it because it was in Blogs. Thanks again.

geposted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 10:16 pm
I'm having the same problem. I wish I could look at it with the same levity as others here, but I find this a SERIOUS problem. VDJ simply shutting down. Doesn't matter if I'm playing video or mp3, even when it's sitting idle and not playing a song at all it simply "vanishes". It seems to be completely random. I doubt it's hardware, running it on a HP Pavillion zd8000 laptop running windows xp media center. All specs well above recommended. Also using the Hercules MK2 controller (which by the way is HUGE improvement over the original Hercules I was using). This is really frustrating, when VDJ works it has no equal, I mean mixing videos the way it does is simply awesome, however it's total instabillity, and lack of solutions for this problem I'm feeling like I've wasted my money. I don't even have a complete playlist saved since February since it "vanishes" EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! I need to know if this is going to be addressed and fixed soon, or some other user side fix other than "tweak your window settings" (gimme a break). Thanks for your time.

geposted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 11:09 pm
Has version 3.4 fixed this problem? I darn't install it, as I only got this with the update to 3.3 I'm back using 3.2 now because has of yet evey session Djing with it has gone OK. Unlike the nightmare of a time I had with 3.3.

geposted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 11:19 pm
I would try 3.4. I could not even open 3.3. Something strange happened on the way to the 3.4 upgrade. It told me I had to have the 3.3 update, in order to update to 3.4. So I say to myself, here comes the bullshit. Guess what, 3.3 opens and works. So I update to 3.4 and all is well. Except for another problem I am having, that has nothing to do with VDJ.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 12:42 am
Yes it happens with 3.4 as well. I was really excited with this release, I had hoped this problem had been fixed.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 1:35 am
Anyone have similar problems and manage to rectify them?

geposted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 9:46 pm
Do the VDJ people have any thoughts on this? I am a trial user, definately like the product, but this problem sounds like a show stopper. If no solution not sure if I will buy.

geposted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 3:17 am
Another full night using Virtual Dj 3.2 :)

Do not use 3.3 or 3.4 for live gig's it will just dissapear off the screen. (If it's on automix and you nip off to the loo or for a beer it's a disaster. Bad enough with it going off in the middle of a tune anyway!).

geposted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 11:58 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
He can't do that with 3.4 as crashguard3 now works and prevent from crashing whereas there was a problem with VirtualDJ v3.3

geposted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 12:23 am
Crashguard doesn't work for me. I just get vanishing. Guess I have to go back to 3.2 because this has been happening since 3.3 and doesn't seem anyone is too concerned with fixing it right now. Here's another idea, when there's a new release how about a readme to go along with it explaining the changes and bug fixes, just an idea.

geposted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 5:11 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
for each update you can see the change here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html

VDJ 3.4 has a new crashguard that will work.

If you don't get crashguard with VDJ 3.4 then you should uninstall VDJ, delete all registry keys to VirtualDJ, delete VDJ folder, but keep the file "VirtualDJ Database.xml"

And then install VDJ 3.4 from a complete installation file.

geposted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 12:06 pm
3.2 seems to be working fine for me. Is it worth risking 3.4 ? I don't use TCV yet so will I gain anything?

geposted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 7:35 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you will gain clone_deck action, unload action, and full support for WMA DRM files.

geposted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 7:48 pm
42%