Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: distorted sound 3 hours in

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Well I have been having problems lately making it thru the whole night without a restart. Everything if fine fout 3 hours,then I starting getting distortion and/or jittered sound when load a track to a player while another is already playing. Then deck 2 distorts have way thru a song a continues till a completely reboot the computer. Deck 1 tonight worked fine all night but both decks have done the distortion thin

I am only running audio. I have an athlon xp 2000 on a micro atx board with 512 ram and a nvidia 256 meg video pci card and maya pci mkII.

geposted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 10:45 am
If something is happening on a regular basis and after a roughly similar period of time, and a restart cures it, then I'd say you need to be looking in 3 areas.

1 Is it a heat problem? Are you monitoring your CPU for temperature? Do you have enough cooling?

2 Swap File? Try using a nice big fixed swap file. On my gig PC I have the swapfile fixed at 3 gig! The reason being, I work through 3 hard drives and only the OS and VDJ are on one 80 gig drive giving LOTS of free space. At a fixed size of 3 gig, I'm not wasting any space and I know at 3 gig it's WAY big enough.

3 Memory, probably not a memory problem BUT, I'd add another 512 stick, if the problem is still occuring I'd try removing the old stick and leaving the new one in place, if that cures it then the first 512 was faulty. Memory errors can show themselves in lots of ways. And if it isn't a memory error, your system will certainly benefit from the extra 512.

geposted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 11:28 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I think it's the RAM and also you need to optimze your system deleting all temp files (Also all Internet Explorer cache files) an doing a defrag to your hard disk.

Good Luck!

geposted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)