Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: One To Be Aware Of

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have my gig PC which is VERY high spec, I never allow it to go on the internet. I rip any cd's etc on my home PC so that I can access freedb for the track info etc. I then have a USB/firewire hard drive caddy with a 300 gig HD in it, I use this for backing up my gig PC and for transferring ripped music/videos etc from my home PC to the gig PC. So far all well and good, BUT ...

Last night, I had some tracks & video on the backup drive to transfer to the gig PC, copied my files over and fired up vdj to give a quick test run. After a while I tried to close VDJ and it seemed to be ages at the "saving database" part. Then I got an error message, "unable to access xml file". My backup HD was still connected to the USB of the gig PC at this time so I stopped the hardware in windows, removed the backup HD, played with VDJ a little more and then it closed normally. OK it could have just been a glitch, but then again it may have had something to do with the external being connected. Just one to watch for if anyone gets the xml message.

geposted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 11:37 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Weird,

Hope you don't get that problem again, seems to me that was a random issue.

Good Luck!

geposted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)