Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecoded Vinyl and Real Vinyl Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm still waiting to get my timecoded vinyl to test it out. But if I'm reading this right to play real vinyl I have to use the bypass mode which people are saying kills quality, or get splitters that will cut the signal? I want to try this setup with the timecoded and real vinyl to see if it's worth buying but it's starting to look like I need more and more. Anybody have a good solution?

geposted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:37 am
2 GOOD solutions :

1. SPLITTER (really cheap little device, dont cost much at all.. )
- Will make it possible to have timecode signal to VDJ, and from VDJ to LINE IN of mixer, while having real vinyl to the PHONE IN at mixer (same channel). All you need to do is to switch between Line in (VDJ) and phono (real vinyl) on mixer ;) it does NOT make the sound any worse, works like a charm ;)

2. GET A SOUNDCARD WITH HARDWARE PRE AMP (U46dj) or REAL HARDWARE BYPASS (Hercules)
- works like a charm too ;) great sound, all fine...

The thing that does not sound very good (as of now, but might be better in VDJ 4) is SOFTWARE BYPASS, where the software makes a bypass for the real vinyl sound. Makes the sound a little distorted compared to direct connection.

BUT YOU NEED THE FULL LEGAL VERSION OF VDJ for it to work..

thats all ;)

geposted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 7:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)