Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-3 Volume Control

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

The info on the Dac-3 says that you can use the sliders (that currently do pitch) to adjust volume. I would like to do this as an alternative to the 'mix now' button so I have more control over transitions. How do I set the sliders to be able to do this?

Thanks for your help guys!

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:55 am
Ok so I see in the manual that if you hit shift and adjust the pitch slider it should do volume, but it obviously doesnt with VDJ. I really want to be able to do this...one of the main reasons I bought the Dac-3!

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 4:29 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 10:05 am
How do I use that? I downloaded the DAC-3 custom mapper from the plugins page, is this different? If so how do I adjust or set it to allow me to do what I'm looking for?

Thank you so much for your help!

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 4:15 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So you downloaded exe file. Just install it.

i don't use dac-3, so i can't try how to do that. Maybe someone who has dac-3 can help you. Anybody???

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 4:21 pm
You can't currently do this with the DAC-3 in VDJ using either the built-in support or my custom mapper (Available from Downloads -> Plugins -> Sound Effects.) This will be possible in the future with v2.0 of my custom mapper, which will allow you to remap any of the buttons, sliders, etc. to suit your requirements. Alternatively, if you have programming skills, you could write your own mapper using the SDK.

My mapper increases the functionality of the DAC-3 considerably, making it's response and feel close to that of a dual-CD player such as Numark CDN-88 as well as allowing you to control FX, video mixing, etc. However, if you are used to how it works in PCDJ, it will function differently to what you are used to because it was designed with VDJ in mind, not PCDJ.

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:19 pm
Never actually used PCDJ, always used VDJ and LOVE it!

Any idea when that version 2.0 will be available? Or maybe you could PM a small fix to what you already have to be able to do this one little thing? You'd be my hero:-D!

But either way thanks for the hard work making this awesome piece of hardware work with VDJ!

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 10:09 pm
It will be a while until v2.0 is finished because there's still a lot of work to do on it and I haven't had a lot of time recently. Work is progressing though. The mapper itself has quite a few improvements over the v1.0 version, plus design of the custom mapper screen has been completed and some parts of it are now working (Can't remap buttons yet though.)

It probably wouldn't be too much work to modify the 1.0 mapper, but I'd prefer not to start making lots of customised versions of this, especially when this will take up time that I could be spending on the v2.0 mapper.

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 11:49 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
JP,

Thank you for your mapper. I noticed some very usable features when I loaded it.

I like the way the spinners have changed. When first setup I had an awful time with the sensitivty of these and worried about accidently bumping them during a show.

Also the display inprovement.

Great job ... can't wait for the next improvement.

geposted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)