Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TVC Help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I got my TVC's today. I can only use 1 since I have the trial version, but I am having a problem with it. I'm getting 100% signal and it seems to be fine, except the song will only go forward. I can't get it to go back or to work with scratching it just goes forward everytime it picks up a signal. I've also tried it in Smart, Relative, and Absolute mode. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to hopefully buying the software tonight if I can get this working. I'm pleased with how well it picks up the signal I just need it to work like real vinyl so I can scratch. :)

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:26 pm
Sorry I can't help, but another user is having the exact same problem but with TCCD, perhaps it is a bug in the trial version of Virtual DJ 3.4? If noone finds a solution hopefully Atomix can sort you out with a Trial of 3.3 so you can test that.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:37 pm
Another question it should track backwards when you have it in reverse right?

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:59 pm
Yep, it works just as a real vinyl.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 7:13 pm
Sorry I'm full of questions today. I can get it to scratch a little bit but if i pull the record back much at all it starts just going forward when it picks up the signal instead of backward. Another strange thing I'm trying to figure out is when it goes forward it clicks everytime. It's almost like it would sound if it clipped, but it's not a clipping sound. But even when I go forward it does it when it starts the forward motion. The only time it is not doing it is when i drag the record really really slowly it is smooth. I think when the waveform jumps it might be doing it but I cant tell. I'm wondering if that problem is my system. I'm running a 2.0 ghz with 1.5 gigs of RAM. Has anybody else ever seen this clicking problem?

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 8:11 pm
I've only ever experienced clicks when running my ASIO card with a buffer too low. Make sure to have your ASIO card set to 44.1 kHz and try increasing the buffer. It's best to start high and work your way down until you find something that works perfectly rather than to start low and work your way up.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 8:17 pm
Yes however the ASIO mode is disabled in the trial version :(. I have noticed some pops and clips when scratching however it should be fixed in the next version (4.0)

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 12:22 am
Its weird though. It seems ok if i pull it back slow or push it forward slow, but a sudden start always has one click at the point I move it forward. Or if I pull it back and then start to push it forward but not slow, it clicks just at that starting point. I'm also still trying to figure out why I can't get it to track backwards. I've been fiddling with it all day changing everything trying to get it working good.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 12:47 am
Well I finally bought the software. I got tired of the limitations of the trial version. It's a whole new worold now. However, the vinyl problem seems to be the same now. Another thing with it is when I tried to plug my other turntable up it's got a ton of waves and plays through the song but the timecode quality is at 0%. If anybody can help me get going fullforce that would be great.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 5:13 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Try this

turn up the gain on the tcv deck, if you are using vdj's riaa try disabling it, next try decresing the silence level until you get the desired results.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 6:25 am
I tried this suggestion and still nothing. The waves are huge. I just can't figure out why the quality stays at 0.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 3:35 pm
have you tried the auto-setup?. If the volume is too loud try lowering the volume of that line in in the soundcard mixer screen (can be accessed here : Start, all programs, accessories, entertainment, volume control)

from this screen you can try to adjust the line in level otherwise it might have to be done directly on the soundcard. And can you please post what kind of soundcard your currently using?

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 8:23 pm
I tried the auto-setup but it just says that there is no time code signal available. I think it may just be something about my turntable. One seems to work fine but the other wont. It's a Realtek AC97 soundcard. I cant get it to give a reading. The waves are there but it's not picking it up. It works fine with normal vinyl.

I tried adjusting the line in level as well and it had no effect. If you have any other ideas let me know. I think it might be something about the one turntable but I'm not sure what yet. I tried switching needles and it's the same thing.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 10:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)