Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: renaming mp3's again and again and again

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

kjcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have been ripping all of my cd collection onto an external hard drive every once and a while i will go back to the ripped folder and see if the artist and tittle info is there. Lot's of times it just say's unknown artist and the track. At that point i will go into vdj locate the files and rename. great wonderfull... I then close vdj shut down the pc. When I restart the pc and open vdj those files that i spent all day renaming have gone back to unknown artist. These cd's are RPM cd's I have disabled auto update thinking that might stop vdj from updating the song info. If any one can help that would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 4:44 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I rip with Napster, it always names the files and inserts the tags, so I would check out your ripping software. Napster uses Gracenote to search the internet for the track list, so it usually has it.

geposted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 5:11 pm
kjcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You are right! i checked the tools and a box was checked to add info automatically, once i unchecked the box i haven't had any problems!! thank you very much!!

geposted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 12:30 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If you have many files with crappy Id tags, you can use program "Tag & Rename" for cleaning many files automatticly.

geposted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:48 am
Dr Tag is also a great program and it also Renames MP3-G files including the CDG.

geposted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 8:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)